Looking for Closed Headphones with Great Isolation--$1K-ish budget
Oct 22, 2011 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Robonaut

100+ Head-Fier
I currently use Denon D700s for my home listening and I absolutely adore them.  However, I can't use them at work due to their immense amount of sound leakage and lack of isolation. 

So, I'm currently using DT-770 Pros for listening at work.

I'm in the mood for upgrading, though, so I'm wondering what other closed headphones are out there with a similar sound to the D7000s but with isolation on the level of the DT-770s?

I have a budget of around $1K, but if there is something really awsome for a bit more, I could probably stretch up to that.

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

What makes them better than the Edition 8s, in your opinion?

I owned the Ed8LEs for about 9 months. Been demo-ing the SigPros off and on for about 5 months (Jan -> May) at shows and at shops. Here's my opinion about the SigPros in comparison to my Ed8LE's :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/570388/ultrasone-new-announced-headphone-signature-pro/960#post_8452161

Please note though that aesthetics-wise, I personally still prefer the Ed8LE's but purely SQ-wise, the SigPros to my ears feel "richer".

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #7 of 9
The T70 are great sounding closed back headphones but how about highend custom IEMs like JH13Pro/JH16Pro, UM Miracle, ES5 and they offers supperior isolation, great comfort and amazing soundquality.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
The T70 are great sounding closed back headphones but how about highend custom IEMs like JH13Pro/JH16Pro, UM Miracle, ES5 and they offers supperior isolation, great comfort and amazing soundquality.

I've tried several pairs of IEMs, including some of the higher end Ultimate Ears, Etymotics, etc.  They all bothered my ears, so I switched to isolating, full-sized headphones, and never looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back