Looking for cheap IEM's with good isolation.
May 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jab1235

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I've been using the IEM guide here for quiet a while to help in my previous few purchases of IEMs. However, the headphones I've been using (Visang R02) broke in only a few months both times I've bought them. While I really love the Visang R02s I'd rather not spend $40 to get a pair right now.

I've picked out a few pairs that got good ratings on the IEM review thread but I can't really decide which one I want.
JVC HA-FX101B (first choice)
JVC HAFX40B
visang r02
astrotec am-90 (which I can't find a place to buy them for a decent price)
Dunu DN-12 Trident (can't find decent place to buy them)
open to other opinions as well

I'm willing to spend around $40 but I'd rather keep the price lower because I seem to go through headphones pretty quickly (around 4 months) I'd prefer to buy them from amazon or anywhere that they will arrive within the next few weeks because I'm about to take a long trip.
I'm mainly looking for headphones that have good all around sound and decent isolation. I've been using the visang ro2's for almost a year now and their isolation is pretty much perfect for what I need. When music is playing I can barely hear any outside noise which is what I want because I use headphones when I study in public.
I mainly listen to hip hop but I also listen to tons of other types of music so I don't want anything that works great with a specific genre but not others. I'm considering the JVC HA-FX101B as of right now because they are only $15 and the Head-Fi review says they have really decent isolation. However, the review also says they are really base heavy and I don't know if that's exactly what I'm looking for.
I also mainly use my iem's when I play games just because they are comfortable. I don't need a decent sound stage or anything specifically for gaming, but something that will sound decent enough when I do use them for games.
Thank's for the help!

May 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back