1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for cheap IEM's with good isolation.

1. jab1235
    Hey everyone, I've been using the IEM guide here for quiet a while to help in my previous few purchases of IEMs. However, the headphones I've been using (Visang R02) broke in only a few months both times I've bought them. While I really love the Visang R02s I'd rather not spend $40 to get a pair right now.

I've picked out a few pairs that got good ratings on the IEM review thread but I can't really decide which one I want.
    JVC HA-FX101B (first choice)
    JVC HAFX40B
    visang r02
    astrotec am-90 (which I can't find a place to buy them for a decent price)
    Dunu DN-12 Trident (can't find decent place to buy them)
    open to other opinions as well

I'm willing to spend around $40 but I'd rather keep the price lower because I seem to go through headphones pretty quickly (around 4 months) I'd prefer to buy them from amazon or anywhere that they will arrive within the next few weeks because I'm about to take a long trip.
    I'm mainly looking for headphones that have good all around sound and decent isolation. I've been using the visang ro2's for almost a year now and their isolation is pretty much perfect for what I need. When music is playing I can barely hear any outside noise which is what I want because I use headphones when I study in public.
    I mainly listen to hip hop but I also listen to tons of other types of music so I don't want anything that works great with a specific genre but not others. I'm considering the JVC HA-FX101B as of right now because they are only $15 and the Head-Fi review says they have really decent isolation. However, the review also says they are really base heavy and I don't know if that's exactly what I'm looking for.
    I also mainly use my iem's when I play games just because they are comfortable. I don't need a decent sound stage or anything specifically for gaming, but something that will sound decent enough when I do use them for games.
    Thank's for the help!

2. warrenpchi Administrator