Looking for an analytical closed back headphone?
May 19, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #16 of 19
I'm listening to the Shure SRH-940's as I type this, and they would seem to meet your criteria very nicely.  It's not a bass-head can by any means, but it's there for sure...and the upper end has a nice sparkle that the SRH-840's lacked a bit IMHO.  That's not necessarily a criticism of the 840's...they were my favorite closed cans until these came along.

That said, the 940's are not quite broken in yet IMHO...haven't even had them a week.

Jun 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #17 of 19
If you like analytical, I highly recommend the DT 1350. Bonus : They're actually very musical too IMHO, as their analytical abilities are not derived from an increase of high frequencies and presence region, but real driver improvement.

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
Yeah, I saw that later. I didn't know about it!! But I have DT770 600 OHM and I was surprised that the sound signature is very similar to it's brother the DT880 600!

You need to be careful buying a DT770/600.  There are bass light and heavy versions going around and as usual, they don't admit to changing anything.  The bass heavy ones are new, probably within the last year or so, so an older one is likely to be what you're looking for.

Quote:
If you like analytical, I highly recommend the DT 1350. Bonus : They're actually very musical too IMHO, as their analytical abilities are not derived from an increase of high frequencies and presence region, but real driver improvement.

x2  It measures amazingly well.  I bought it pretty much based on those numbers and I wasn't disappointed.  It sounds great.  On the down side its not very comfortable.

It may not be quite what you're looking for though.  Its closer to neutral than bright IMO.  The bass is dead even and easily descends into the subsonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back