looking for a workout headphone
Sep 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jkhan69

New Head-Fier
Hi, 

Am on the lookout for a good workout(nothing but running) headphone.  I am inclined towards Sennheiser PMX 680 for the following reasons:

• Its Sennheiser
  • Behind the neck design(these somehow dont move no matter how hard we run)
  • Sweat resistaant (I sweat a LOT)

I have sennheiser HD212 Pro for my regular use, its my first good quality headphones and have bitten by sennheiser bug since then.

Please suggest me with other options or should I go for PMX680 ?
The qualities am looking for are good sweat resistance/proof and good sound quality.

Thank you.

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #3 of 6
I have looked into this a lot and oddly have two contenders

•  FX-Sport (A new product not even on the market yet ... but soon hopefully.
  •  Sleek audio customs + wireless (3 Different custom IEM creaters assured me that sweat shouldn't be a problem: Sleek, JH, UE)

A lot of personal preference is involved but possible you might be interested to check out both

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
not a suggestion, but did you consider the mx680 or the omx680?

Thanks very much for the reply Kanuka.
Yes I did check all the models in Sennheiser Adidas sports range,  the reason I went for pmx was for the around neck design. I happen to have used PMX 60(yes sir, I am guilty of killing them with my sweat) and they never moved. PMX680 being sennheiser I took the sound quality for granted.
Earbuds have never stayed at one place even when I was just casually listening, so I have a strong feeling that they wont hold while running.
Didnt want to go In-Ear as i've read somewhere about the thumping sound while running.

Never tried OMX design, are they called Cling-on type?, not sure how they'll stick... any review from anyone would be of great help

Quote:
I have looked into this a lot and oddly have two contenders

•  FX-Sport (A new product not even on the market yet ... but soon hopefully.
  •  Sleek audio customs + wireless (3 Different custom IEM creaters assured me that sweat shouldn't be a problem: Sleek, JH, UE)

A lot of personal preference is involved but possible you might be interested to check out both

Quote:
Oh yea my brother has the PMX680 and loves them, as fas as a CORDED option goes they are great. my suggestions were both cordless options*

Thanks very much for the reply MidnightCoffee,  never tried wireless.... just checked Sleek Audio customs and they are way beyond my budget.
Am quite a noob,  please help me in understanding what are JH and UE.

Thanks very much for the positive review of pmx680.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back