Looking for a "warm" USB DAC (~200$)
Jun 28, 2017 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Firun

New Head-Fier
As the title says I'm looking for a somewhat "warm" sounding USB DAC to use with my laptop. To give you guys an idea of what I'm looking for I generally decrease the highest bands on EQs somewhat (1-4db) and tend to very slighty (1-2db) increase the low end bands. Sibilance is the worst kind of sound characteristic for me. I do value clarity, it's just that I see little need for too much treble. I'd list music genres, but since I have a very broad taste it wouldn't be very helpful I think.

That being said what kind of USB DAC up to, say, 200$ would fit that characteristic? It's going to be mostly used with Sennheiser Momentum 2 In-Ear, the sound signature of which I enjoy very much. On these, I don't touch the bass, but decrease treble as described above. I've been looking at the Dragonfly Red because it is said to have a warmer sound than the black, but I have little knowledge about what would be a good fit.

It would be great if it had a USB stick form factor so I can just plug it directly into my laptop.

EDIT: Oh, and to those it may concern: All the buying guide links are broken (404), would have liked to have a look at the guide...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back