Looking for a tube amp Darkvoice 336 or Little Dot or LA Figaro 336
Apr 14, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #16 of 20
biggrin.gif
犀利哥 (Westerners - see this phenomenon) is designing headphones now too?
wink.gif

May 1, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #17 of 20
FYI: This is a repost I also put on the Darkvoice/Le Fgiaro thread. I just thought the OP might be interested in my experience.

I just bought the La Figaro 336 from Jasmine Chine. He was great to work with and the amp arrived in perfect condition.

It arrived last week and I spent about 30 hours running the burn in track from the XLO test CD. The amp sounded very good but a little bright out of the box. It has gotten consistently sweeter and more liquid with every passing day. I have it paired with my AKG K340 electrostatics, and there is a documented synergy between the components.

The sound had very good body and weight with vivid timbres and deep bass. It is detailed but not overly analytical. In fact the music draws me in and I find myself listening to one disc after another. It is very involving and conveys the heart of the music. It seems to be a little better with acoustic music, and strings but even rock sounds very good. The feedback on the Stones Let It Bleed SACD has never sounded thicker and more harmonically rich.

If it has any weakness I would say it is the sound stage, but I cannot judge that fairly until I listen to a binaural recording through it. Thus far I am only running the stock tubes I can't wait to start rolling some tubes. This is my first headphone amp and I really love it. Based on my experience I would recommend the Le Figaro 336 without reservation.

I bought from Jasmine because I read good feed back about him here. I was going to get the little Dot Mark IV and I changed my mind at the last minute, and I'm glad I did.

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #18 of 20
Have been using the La Figaro for about a year. The construction is unbelievable, something between a Rolex watch and an Abrams tank.  In my opinion the sound is awesome, sweet, smooth, clear and very tube like. To get the most out of it though, you will need to replace the cheap Chinese tubes that come with it.  Replacement tubes are readily available and cheap on Ebay. Go for the NOS US made tubes from RCA and Sylvania. You can get these fabulous amps direct from the manufacturer in China for under $300.00 including delivery. You will pay more if you use a middle man in the USA or order off an  Ebay source.
Great at any price, It's a steal for the money. Anything comparable and made in the US would be 8 to10 times the price.

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #19 of 20
Can someone link where to buy these amps from, please, and thanx.  :)

Quote:
Have been using the La Figaro for about a year. The construction is unbelievable, something between a Rolex watch and an Abrams tank.  In my opinion the sound is awesome, sweet, smooth, clear and very tube like. To get the most out of it though, you will need to replace the cheap Chinese tubes that come with it.  Replacement tubes are readily available and cheap on Ebay. Go for the NOS US made tubes from RCA and Sylvania. You can get these fabulous amps direct from the manufacturer in China for under $300.00 including delivery. You will pay more if you use a middle man in the USA or order off an  Ebay source.
Great at any price, It's a steal for the money. Anything comparable and made in the US would be 8 to10 times the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back