Looking for a step up from KZ ZST (< $50 budget)
Aug 7, 2017 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Byron Jarebb Maniquiz

New Head-Fier
Hi all

Been recently looking towards getting a pair of sub-$50 IEMs as an upgrade to my KZ ZST which I've been using as my daily drivers for a few months now. So far, I've been eyeing these pairs:

1. Advanced Audio M4
2. Sony EX750AP
3. Tennmak Crazy Cello 2017
4. Tennmak Piano
5. Xiaomi Hybrid Pro Triple Driver

I use a Sony A35 Walkman as my DAP and listen mostly to rock, progressive metal, jazz, and hip-hop. I also am open to suggestions other than the IEMs included above as long as they're in the sub-50 bucks bracket. I prefer a warm, mid-forward sound signature. Thanks in advance!

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 9
Have not heard any of those so can't help you there but I think the ZST's are totally lacking midrange body for sure. The bass is decent and highs are good but just lacking any body in the midrange. The only one I have in close to that price range is the Havi B3 Pro 1's that will tick most of your boxes but not as bass heavy and sound very good but might need a bit more power to drive depending on how loud you listen. If you can up the budget the 1 More Triple Drivers would be my pick.

Aug 7, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 9
Aug 7, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 9
Have not heard any of those so can't help you there but I think the ZST's are totally lacking midrange body for sure. The bass is decent and highs are good but just lacking any body in the midrange. The only one I have in close to that price range is the Havi B3 Pro 1's that will tick most of your boxes but not as bass heavy and sound very good but might need a bit more power to drive depending on how loud you listen. If you can up the budget the 1 More Triple Drivers would be my pick.

Hi! Thanks for the suggestions. Checked out the Havi in my area and saw one store retailing it for approx 65USD. Will try it out and see if I can spare that extra 15 USD. Money's a bit tight but my ears want to be spoiled. Hahaha!

Not sure if its an upgrade but these are awesome and i got mine for about $40

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/noise-cancelling-earbuds-headphones-cx-300-ii-precision

Hello! Thank you for your input. My dad and I both had a pair of this a few years back. Great sound but both pairs didn't last that long. Cable problems :triportsad:

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #6 of 9
You might also check out the SoundMAGIC E10C and the Beyer Byron. They are both quite good in your price range of about fifty dollars. Maybe read about them and see what you think. It is possible one could work for you.​

Aug 8, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #7 of 9
You might also check out the SoundMAGIC E10C and the Beyer Byron. They are both quite good in your price range of about fifty dollars. Maybe read about them and see what you think. It is possible one could work for you.​

Checked both out and am highly excited to try them. Will check the E10C by this week. Can't find a store here that sells the Byron yet, though. Will keep looking! Which of the two do you prefer? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back