Looking for a portable amp for my HD598s.
Jul 30, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 5
aren't the HD598's very similar to the HD600, just more plastic parts?

If so, *do* not get an Fiio E11. I just bought one to try to power my HD600's and even on high-gain, freshly charged battery, there is nowhere near enough volume/current to drive them to decent levels without clipping/distortion. Big disappointment, I'm returning the amp. :frowning2:

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
aren't the HD598's very similar to the HD600, just more plastic parts?

If so, *do* not get an Fiio E11. I just bought one to try to power my HD600's and even on high-gain, freshly charged battery, there is nowhere near enough volume/current to drive them to decent levels without clipping/distortion. Big disappointment, I'm returning the amp. :frowning2:

That is incorrect.  The HD598 has a very different design than that of the HD600 and is much more efficient.  So, any quality portable amp would drive it quite well.

MulberryMadness, if you're looking for portable amps that can drive higher impedance headphones like your HD600 then you should check out iBasso and Ray Samuel's line of amps.

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #4 of 5
OP here are few suggestions for ya:

Electric-Avenues PA2v2

Fiio E7, E11

JDS labs Cmoy

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 5
Have the HD598 and the Fiio E7. Awesome pair. Especially when used stationary you have a nice DAC (via USB) as well with the E7 and it fits the price range perfectly.

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back