Looking for a pair that will blow my ears away
May 12, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #17 of 39

Quote:
Also, I kinda got turned-off by the 9wave ones by the description that they are bass light. Seeing as I'm a bit of a bass-head, I don't think I'd go for them. I think I'll likely end up going with the MX 980s.

Ahh, I didn't see that they were bass light, missed that. Nah, I know what you mean, I'm a total bass-head myself. Just that I'm tossing over whether to buy the 980's because I've heard they're pretty uncomfortable for people with small ears.

May 12, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #18 of 39
I have a pair of Yuin PK2s and I have been pleased with them.  Kinda in disbelief about the mini review swbf2 gave them. To me they sound lot better then what he gives them, the huge disadvantage I have is when it comes to earbuds I have nothing to compare them too lol ...  So just ordered a pair of MX980s to see how much better they are compared to the PK2s. 

I did want to get a pair of PK1s, but I want to try a different brand of earbud.   Regarding the MX980s I hope i'm blown away with the sound :) 

May 12, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #19 of 39

Quote:
Ahh, I didn't see that they were bass light, missed that. Nah, I know what you mean, I'm a total bass-head myself. Just that I'm tossing over whether to buy the 980's because I've heard they're pretty uncomfortable for people with small ears.

Oh yeah, I've heard that too. I have the MX 471s right now, and they just don't work at all for me. It's like Sennheiser put them together backwards. I'm still not gonna give up on the 980, but I won't likely be ordering a new pair of earbuds for a few months, regardless of what type they end up being, so I have a long time to wait around and see peoples reactions.

May 12, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #20 of 39
Hmmm... Now I'm wondering about the OMX's and IE range, but I wear glasses sometimes, and have a weird behind ear shape so things that go behind my ears never sit comfortablly.

May 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #21 of 39
i owned some yuin ok2's at one time.. i found them to be pretty bad and returned them. after that experience i was afraid to try any other yuins.    the 980's are far superior. 

as long as you are prepared for the fact that even the best earbuds can only sound so good  than you wont be let down by them.  just dont expect miracles.  earbuds are the weakest link of all the types of headphones. 

May 13, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #23 of 39
Westone 2. The W3 is more expensive and has some fit issues, and the UM2/UM3X might be too flat-sounding if you're looking for an emphasis on bass. With the exception of the Westone 3, most Westone IEMs have very good ergonomics.

May 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #25 of 39

Quote:
Ahh, Calipilot, I'm looking for earbuds, not IEM's.

It's very difficult to find earbuds that will blow you away, with the exception of maybe the Yuin PK1 (which needs to be amped) or the PK2/PK3. If you want lots of bass, you need IEMs.

May 13, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #26 of 39
If you read the first page you will see my reasoning for not getting IEMs, you shouldn't just try and convert me to them. Plus, the people here believe you can get good bass on earbuds.

So anyway, does anyone with small ears own a pair of mx980s and think they're okay?

May 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #27 of 39

Quote:
If you read the first page you will see my reasoning for not getting IEMs, you shouldn't just try and convert me to them. Plus, the people here believe you can get good bass on earbuds.

So anyway, does anyone with small ears own a pair of mx980s and think they're okay?

Sorry if I came across that way. I just don't want you to be disappointed.
Welcome to Head-fi, and sorry about your wallet

May 14, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #30 of 39

Quote:
You'll find out if you stay here long enough.

So true, I keep finding myself in audio shops trying new headphones out, Trying to find MY perfect sound, Funny thing is the male sales teams all ways come over to help me... I wonder why that is. -.- 
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back