looking for a pair of new IEMs
Mar 5, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #16 of 24

Quote:
what do you want 
bass quality, quantity
also, would you consider urself basshed

not sure if im a basshead since im not sure what it means exactly, but i like bass.  i want it to be deep n powerful.  ofc quality of the bass also matters, cant just be super load bloaty messed up bass even during moments when clearly there shudnt b any bass, but i doubt any decent earphones wud do that

btw for those who have the eternas, i heard u must use cable guides in order to keep the cables in place.  is that true?  dont tell me it uses those super thick n hard non-flexible cables

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #17 of 24

Quote:

for people with smaller ears, that would be the case. otherwise, if u have normal ears, u shouldnt need ear guides as most poeple dont use them, they just run the cable through behind the ear, and as far as i know, the cables are pretty decent and not stiff.

the eterna's should be a great upgrade, and if u really dont want the associated over the ear wearing, i'd suggest to get the visang r03's/brainwavz m2 . but i'm guessing you'd be used to a more bloated and emphasised bass coming off the sony's, so you might find real midrange headphones a little bass light, but the overall quality more than makes up for it.

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
for people with smaller ears, that would be the case. otherwise, if u have normal ears, u shouldnt need ear guides as most poeple dont use them, they just run the cable through behind the ear, and as far as i know, the cables are pretty decent and not stiff.

the eterna's should be a great upgrade, and if u really dont want the associated over the ear wearing, i'd suggest to get the visang r03's/brainwavz m2 . but i'm guessing you'd be used to a more bloated and emphasised bass coming off the sony's, so you might find real midrange headphones a little bass light, but the overall quality more than makes up for it.

reply:

i believe i have normal sized ears.  i have no problems at all using over the ears, i jus worried the cables r like springs coated in plastic.  but according to u it seems this is not the case.  about the bass, hopefully the eternas r at least as good as sonys.  bloated or not, i like the bass of sonys and dont mind going even stronger.  i guess nothing matters anymore as i have already ordered a pair of eternas from bugden audio, the last pair in fact.  the button instantly changed to out of stock after i clicked on the buy now lol.

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #19 of 24
Sounds great, although I reckon you should've bought from GD_AudioBase as I've been hearing Bugden's service hasn't been great as of recently. 
Lets just hope they workout for you, I'll give you my opinion when I get mine as they'll be here in a week or so

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
Sounds great, although I reckon you should've bought from GD_AudioBase as I've been hearing Bugden's service hasn't been great as of recently. 
Lets just hope they workout for you, I'll give you my opinion when I get mine as they'll be here in a week or so

oic, they were listed as an authorized dealer from fischer audio n offered free shipping n arrives within 4-10 bus days so sounded great to me.  As long as they dun take longer than 10 bus days to give me what i ordered n dun use my credit card which ive been victim before.

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #21 of 24

Quote:
oic, they were listed as an authorized dealer from fischer audio n offered free shipping n arrives within 4-10 bus days so sounded great to me.  As long as they dun take longer than 10 bus days to give me what i ordered n dun use my credit card which ive been victim before.

got my fischer two hours ago

so far, they seem very energetic and the mids are recessed, which conlicts clieos's claims of the mids being centre

bass is quite strong but not nauseating, think more quality and punch. bouncy

also, fit is great and the cables work very well

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #22 of 24
jus got mine 2 days ago, not bad but not too impressed either. the improvement from my previous 35 dollar sonys doesnt seem great enuf to add up to the hype these earphones r given in the forum. still in the burn in process tho, burned around 30 hrs so far n it seems to b getting a little better, not sure if its jus my imagination

Mar 18, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #23 of 24

Quote:
jus got mine 2 days ago, not bad but not too impressed either. the improvement from my previous 35 dollar sonys doesnt seem great enuf to add up to the hype these earphones r given in the forum. still in the burn in process tho, burned around 30 hrs so far n it seems to b getting a little better, not sure if its jus my imagination

Yeah, thats what I initially thought as well. But as you listen to them, you realise that they are pretty musical and also don't cause a feeling of fatigue. The fit is great, as all I do is shove them in my ear and I'm done, no fiddling around.
i was really surprised by the bass though, they definitely are bassy, but the bass isnt really deep, its more fast and high in quantity. but i've only listened to them about 5 hours, so more impression as time passes.

Mar 18, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #24 of 24

Quote:

i must admit im surprised u dont see much of an improvement, cause your old sony's were really basic headphones and these should be a massive step ahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back