Looking for a new set of Headphones
May 30, 2012 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RunsWithBuffalo

New Head-Fier
Hey, I am now looking for a pair of new headphones since my headset just died on me and I realize I don't really need the mic. So for the moment I'm using a cheap $30 earbuds and sounds in general sound really lacking. So, I'm looking for some advice of what you people here would recommend me. 

1. I have a budget around ~$150, however since I live in Vancouver, Canada It either has to be that close to that price after shipping or I'd be able to purchase it locally.
2. I will wear these for long periods of time upwards of 6 hours a day, so these must be comfortable- I would prefer full size over the ear headphones.
3. I usually listen to rock music but I also listen to a whole wide range of music, nothing really in specific. Mind you that I do prefer that there be some bass presence.

I can't really think of anything to add right now, so if anyone could just point me in some sort of direction that would be greatly appreciated. More info will be given if needed. 
Thanks!

May 30, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 7
Creative Aruvana Live - somewhat U-shaped signature, so midrange is not that recessed, and it is comfortable as heck
Denon d1001 - same as CAL!
Denon d1100 - not sure if it works with rock with its V-shaped signature

May 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 7
for now..

if you want comfort with less isolation, go for what i mentioned
if you want isolation with less comfort, go for what KG Jag mentioned

you can also wait for other people to chime in if you want more options which it will widen more instead of narrowing the choices down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back