Looking for a headset for Movies (mainly) music and games.
Aug 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Gyrolion

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I know this forum is littered with questions on what headset I should buy, and it always comes up with the same answers, but still im puzzeled because this will be my first purcase on a headset.
So I have been looking around as I said and my eye really fell on the RS-180 from sennheiser. Mainly because of the wireless possibility.
When I'm sitting on the couch having wireless sounds awesome, because there wont be any wires to trip over. And I'm afraid that the wires wont be long enoegh. Is this a myth I created myself, or is that a bit of true.
And since I read the sound quality is near perfect on the RS-180 for a wireless it sounds good, almost to good to be true..

Also I'm reading about amp, I dont have a amp but I'm willing to buy one if needed.
I saw someone talking about the Turtle Beach - Ear Force DSS is that any good as first amp?

Well if anyone had any other suggestions, bassicly my budget is around 200-300 euro for the headset.
And if needed I will purchase a amp with it.. mabey there are some suggestions for that to?

Aug 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 20
for movies and games the HD555 is great..
and only costs 140US$
if you scared tripping over the cable, you can buy some extension cable for like 5US$ and hide the cable under the carpet or something.

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #4 of 20
Aha two nice headsets and read about them, but since my budget is a lot higher I wonder if it isent better to buy a Sennheider HD650?
My budget like I stated is around 200-300 euro and the HD650 falls into that price category.
And will still be using it for Movies, Music and games.. so I'm not sure how the HD650 will do games and movies, but I know its execellent with music.

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 20
Their soundstage isn't as wide as the HD555's (if i recall)

get either the AD700, HD555 with a logitech standpoint mic.  The rest goes on either a cheap dac/amp combo like the Zero .If you desperately need the 6 channel surround sound, get sth like the Omega striker. Xonar Essence STX also springs to mind

650's too advanced for a beginner IMO. They'll work really decent for an all-round purpose, but it's over-kill for what you're asking. Your wallet will give you a *bro pound* if you get the HD555
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 20
HD650's are better for music listening, IMO not a good idea to use them for gaming. 

Aug 27, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #8 of 20
What about the K701 I'm reading alot of good things about those.
And I can get one for only 200 euro via my bank :wink:
But im wondering if there is any difference between the K701 and the K702.

I just wanna know my options before I'm gonna buy a good headset. Because I want something I can really enjoy my Movies,Games and music with.

Aug 27, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #9 of 20

Quote:
What about the K701 I'm reading alot of good things about those.
And I can get one for only 200 euro via my bank :wink:
But im wondering if there is any difference between the K701 and the K702.

There is no difference between the K701's and the K702's.

The K701's would not suite as movies and gaming headphones, because they are very neutral, you need that extra slam in the lower frequencies for your movies and gaming.

Aug 28, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #10 of 20
Well I'm still mainly confused. You guys are giving me two options, but one of those options I can't buy in holland and thats the AD700, or atleast its very difficult.
Now I have to tell you guys, I have a THX logitech 5.1 sound set at home that I normally use for my gaming and movies.
Awesome sound, and stuff. I also have the Logitech PC150 for those moments when I can't totally use my full sound capacity.
And all I wanna do now is upgrade that headset and mabey to dump the speaker set because when I wear the PC150 i can allready hear great improvement,  I can hear all the wizzles and dizzles.
But I just want a headset with a very good positioning capability for fps games.
And I listen to a lot of music aswel if im not watching a movie or doing games.

So mabey I should get multiple cans?? Or you guys still saying I should get the HD555, and why??

Also the AD700 sounds like the best for soundstage, the color... come on why did the choise purple! :p

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #12 of 20
Well I bited the bullet and gone with what people said here and ordered the HD555, and the got into my mailbox today.
I love the sound that comes out of this thing! <3 Been listening to music only since I got them while I dident listen to any music for a long time.
Out of curiosity I removed the rubber pads inside the headphone (the mod) and it really works.

But now I got these and I got a nice bro pound from my wallet I'm up for looking for an amp.

You guys mentioned some sound cards, but since I got a laptop thats not gonna be easy. Also I would love to move it around quickly from my laptop to my television/ps3/x360 for movies and games.
So it has to have a optical input. And/or USB.
Anyone know a good amp for that? Or a selection of amps.. or where I should start looking for this?

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 20
Get the sennheiser rs180. and yes it is great IMO. i dont think you will regret it. Wireless is really awesome. I love it with both music and films, i`m not much of a gamer tough.

Crap diden`t see the last post.

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:
i need headphone for movies too. and i just wonder why exactly the HD555 and not HD595?

The HD555 and the HD595 are so close that it hardly is worth the price you'd pay for the HD595. The Extra money the OP didn't spend should go towards a nice receiver and a good little amp. This is sorta the reason why no one was saying the HD650 or the K701's cause without a nice amp it would sound muddy and it would sound worse then just an HD555 at stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back