Looking for a headset for Movies (mainly) music and games.
Aug 31, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
The HD555 and the HD595 are so close that it hardly is worth the price you'd pay for the HD595. The Extra money the OP didn't spend should go towards a nice receiver and a good little amp. This is sorta the reason why no one was saying the HD650 or the K701's cause without a nice amp it would sound muddy and it would sound worse then just an HD555 at stock.

ok. but what the cheapest and best for money setup is the best way to go? if i want want watch movies on my laptop. i like to watch action and triller movies. so there need for deep and tight bass wide soundstage and etc..

Aug 31, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

ok. but what the cheapest and best for money setup is the best way to go? if i want want watch movies on my laptop. i like to watch action and triller movies. so there need for deep and tight bass wide soundstage and etc..

Wide soundstage is usually reserved for headphones like AD700, K701, and HD555/595 while nice clean bass is better on closed cans. If your going off your laptop then I'd say go pick up a Creative X-Fi Go over at amazon for $30 and save up for an amp of some kind. Ifou want good clean bass then the closest thing I've heard to that were Sony XB500, I've heard the XB700's were superior though. or good punchy bass but almost no soundstage try out a SR60i/80i those are known for their punchy bass driven sound with good mids and highs aswell.

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #19 of 20
I just bought the HD-555 so i can't compare them to any other headphone now :wink:
I can only compare them to my THX logitech set's and my headphone surpass them.
The headphone feels like dolby when playing modern warfare 2, and the sound in movies is so realistic... you hear sounds you have never heared before.

But now I'm still wondering... what kind of reciever and/or amp should i look for?   (i'm on a laptop and xbox/ps3 etc.)
Allready asked the question once in this thread but it got overlooked I think... mabey I should make a new topic about it! :p

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #20 of 20
But now I'm still wondering... what kind of reciever and/or amp should i look for? (i'm on a laptop and xbox/ps3 etc.)

Allready asked the question once in this thread but it got overlooked I think... mabey I should make a new topic about it! :p

Maybe these links can be some help for you?

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/409307/headphone-amp-for-my-ps3

http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=hd555+amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back