Looking For A Desktop Amp For - Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 ohm's - Budget: $300
Apr 1, 2011 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Almost Tactful

Head-Fier
Hey guys, so I picked up some DT 770's for work and a PA2v2 amp. It doesn't sound bad but I have a sneaky feeling this little pocket amp isn't doing these cans any justice what-so-ever. That being said I'm looking for a desktop amp that will make these cans shine for under $300 out the door and delivered. My music preference is mostly electronic with a little rock mixed in, I enjoy the deep end of things but also prefer highs as well (the middle isn't a huge deal). Anyway I'm just trying to find something in budget that doesn't look like it belongs in a recording studio (made out of metal with flashing lights and poor aesthetics).

Any thoughts?

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 5
I would recommend Schiit Asgard. I am using Asgard with HD650 and SR325i. cost $249

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 5
I def like the look of it, I'll do some review hunting on it :) thanks for the heads up...I have no clue where to look as this is such a niche market.

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 5
Is it worth waiting, saving another $50 and going for the tube based Valhalla?

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Is it worth waiting, saving another $50 and going for the tube based Valhalla?

That's what I'm doing. Just got my 770PROs in and waiting for the Valhalla to arrive. I can let you know what I think and how it compares to the FiiO E9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back