looking for a comfortable headphone
May 25, 2017 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dotrunghieu

Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm looking for a comfortable headphone for home use that can last several hours on my head without my ears getting too hot or head hurting from the clamping force. I prefer open, full sized headphone. I'm using ifi Pro iCan amp, but I could replace it if necessary. Comfortable is key, I don't need sound or isolation. I have a fairly big head and big ears so many headphones don't fit me. If possible, something that's neutral and accurate for mixing would be good too. My budget is around 1200-2000$, and I can buy used if necessary. Any other recommendations would be great. I used to use LCD-3 and it fitted my ears fairly well, but the top exerted too much pressure on my head, and it clamped fairly tight, so my ears got hot after just 15-30 minutes. Thanks for your time.

May 25, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 3
If you can stretch your budget just a tad you can get into a new HEK v1 or a used HEK v2. Personally, I find them comfortable, too. Just my take. You might read about them and see what you think. Maybe one will work for you. FWIW. YMMV, of course.. If you want to spend nearer the lower margin of your price range, I really like the Focal Elear. You should definitely check it out, too. You might like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back