Looking for a Cheap ($50) Set
Dec 9, 2010 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ICeenIt

New Head-Fier
I really have no knowledge about headphones, so I have to bother others with my lack of knowledge, so sorry about that.

My budget is pretty firm at $50, maybe I could bump it up to $75 but I would only do that if there would be a dramatic difference.
I would use the headphones mostly for bass heavy music, and gaming.
I would be fine with either open or closed headphones, I have no real preference between the two.

So what would be best under these conditions? I can provide additional information if it would help you help me.

Again sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject.

Dec 9, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #4 of 11
Long delay for reply, but uhhh quick thoughts.
Sennheiser HD 202 MK II Professional Headphones - I see them listed at 39.99, but $25 was stated, does this change anything?
SONY XB500 - Seems like a viable option.
Superlux HD668B - Where would be a good place to buy these from? EDIT: Should probably say, these would be sent to the US for store options.

Dec 9, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #6 of 11
I OWN THE XB500'S ... THEY ARE COMFORTABLE ,  THE EAR CUPS ARE NOT REALLY 'CUPS' MORE LIKE SPONGE PADS, SOUND IS GOOD AND THEY DELIVERY GOOD BASS.
THEY MUST BE THE BEST OVER EAR HEADPHONES FOR THE PRICE

Dec 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #7 of 11
Please refrain from using the caps lock key.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I OWN THE XB500'S ... THEY ARE COMFORTABLE ,  THE EAR CUPS ARE NOT REALLY 'CUPS' MORE LIKE SPONGE PADS, SOUND IS GOOD AND THEY DELIVERY GOOD BASS.
THEY MUST BE THE BEST OVER EAR HEADPHONES FOR THE PRICE

For the OP, I'd try the Creative Aurvana Live.

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #10 of 11
The creative aurvana live! for sure. I do not think any portable headphone at any price ranges has a significant better sound than these guys. amazon for 70$ or find a used one for 50$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back