looking for a brand new I-Pod headphones
Oct 11, 2008 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jenia1

100+ Head-Fier
so here's my teribble story

around 1 week ago my mom got really pissed at me cuz my room was a total mess

so she decided she needs to trow away all my stuff -outside the room near the toilet O_o

one of the belongings that where flying in the air was my school bag with my ipod and headphones atached together, i guess it came down and hit the floor in the wrong angle so the thingy where the headphones connect to the ipod got totally smashed and break >.>

it was a bitter/sweet moment. no headphones /and a chance to finally buy appropriate headphones to complete the perfect ipod expireance

here is where u guys and girls come into the pic. im really confused theres so many brands and models just impossible to pick up by my own.

im looking for an ear-bud design that goes great with rock music(i mostly listen to all kinda rock geners) i can affored headphones up to 40 euro

btw if theres so much diffrence between ear-buds and in ear's i might reconsider although i still prefer the ear-buds

tnx in advanse and have a nice day
k701smile.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 15
Your mother did the right thing by breaking iBuds.

if u are looking for awesome earbuds around 40 euro then checkout Yuin PK2.

i am not sure if they are available in your area..but for direct ipod use..they are one of the best earbuds

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 15
i guess she did the right thing cuz its been a while since i been thinking to buy new headphones
biggrin.gif

now about the pk2's are they sound good with rock? do they give detail in complex passages or
do crazy bass, and hit the highest treble ? and shud i use amp with them?

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 15
JVC Gumys (HAF120/130) sound a lot like the iPod earbuds and are of the same design. The Gumys have a rubber ring that make them more comfy than the iBuds. There's an advanced version that I haven't tried yet.
I'll recommend you check out JVC Marshmallows (FX33 or 34), as well as the JVC AirCushions (FX66). These are both in-ear and are super-comfy.

Gumy's sell for around $10 on ebay, and I think full retail is $9.99.
Marshmallows can also be had for around $10 and are the best choice for comfort, isolation, and SQ of the two.
The AirCushions are newer and more expensive at $25 on Ebay. There's a definite increase in SQ over the Marshmallows, but they don't isolate as well. Some have mentioned that the rubber bits on these deteriorate quickly.

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #5 of 15
I've been playing with the OK3's recently. They're also very very good for rock music (I listen to indie mostly, and they're perfect for it). It's been a while since I've heard the PK2's, but people here claim that OK3's are better than the PK2's. And you don't need an amp with either of them.

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 15
are u sure u only want Earbuds?

there are headphones and IEMs also which give a different and better experience.

for Rock ... PX100 are a good portable open headphones. under 40 Euro

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 15
I have a pair of Yuin PK2's. Very nice. Good for rock, good for roll, good for both.

You might want to check out the other Yuin offerings as well. I'm intrigued with the Yuin OK3's.

I'd be inclined to check them both out. Knowing how I operate, I'd be inclined to buy the cheaper of the two if they are comparable in performance.

Cheers!

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

for Rock ... PX100 are a good portable open headphones.

PX 100 can't do rock. To rock you gotta have midrange.
Take Koss KSC-75 and call it day.

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PX 100 can't do rock. To rock you gotta have midrange.
Take Koss KSC-75 and call it day.

Except the OP wanted earbuds.

(Very enthusiastic) review of the PK2 here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/y...review-212710/.

Oh and shouldn't your mother be paying for the replacements since she broke your old ones?

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #10 of 15
I'd go the Yuin OK series Fras actually, as a OK3 = PK2 by people of here.

The Yuin OK series is an improvement on the PK series.

Be aware of course OP that earbuds don't isolate well from outside noise.

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh and shouldn't your mother be paying for the replacements since she broke your old ones?

I would personally never stoop to demanding my own mother to pay for something like this (when she has done so much more for me and my whole life). I would tell her how pissed I am at the treatment but never to demand compensation. It's petty.

Oct 12, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #12 of 15
I wouldn't sink too much into the new phones in case your mom decides to throw your new phones too...

Oct 12, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would personally never stoop to demanding my own mother to pay for something like this (when she has done so much more for me and my whole life). I would tell her how pissed I am at the treatment but never to demand compensation. It's petty.

I probably would so I suppose I'm an ungrateful brat then
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #14 of 15
ok tnx guys after a reaserch i made i guess ill go for the pk2's :p
and no i really didnt ask nor gonna ask my mom to pay for it, i just told her "thats what happens when u go crazy"
p.s
tnx for every1

Oct 12, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #15 of 15
oh yeah..

PK2 is perfect.. get it and keep it safe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back