Looking for a ATH-M50X replacement ear-pads recommendation
Dec 16, 2017 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MajalGuy

New Head-Fier
Hello,
As the title reads, I've been thinking about buying an ear pad replacement for my ath-m50x headphones.
I am looking for something that is both more comfortable (the original ones give me a bit of an headache, they squeeze a tad too tight), without compromising on the sound quality and isolation as I use them mainly on noisy bus rides (I heard the Brainwavz ones leak quite a bit).
Do such earpads exist? Would to leave to hear a recommendation.

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 3
I have Shure 840 ear pads on my ATH-M50X's they are more comfortable and don't compromise the sound (to my ears).. there is a catch these ear pads are a bit big for use on the m50X's so they are fairly easy to knock loose... every now and again I accidentally knock an ear pad off and have to put it back on.

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm not sure where you hear HM5 pads leak a lot of sound. Maybe they were referring to the velour pads, or the hybrids...I have the NVX version of those pads and they 'leak' no more or less than any other pleather pad. which is to say, they don't really. If you are looking for an inexpensive option there are the Senitek pads. Here's a link to the pleathers. I have a set of the cloth ones and the quality of materials and workmanship is good on those.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0714G9YJ...oliid=I3HYJWDVMI6ORC&colid=1UL2BBD8Y4EZF&th=1
I have had these pads on everything from Sony MDR7506 and Fidelio L2 on the smaller side to the Akai 50X, the 9500s and the Superlux 668B on the larger side. They will fit your ATH for sure

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back