Looking for 2nd DAC @ Audio-gd Ref-1/7 level
Aug 31, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #32 of 35

Quote:
Why must it be an Audio-gd DAC? Believe it or not, there are many (many) other MFR's of very nice DACs out there. Go on any speaker based forum (actually any audio forum besides head-fi) and there is plenty of chatter about other brand DACs. 

The DAC dosnt have circuitry to sum the balanced outputs to single ended? Thats weak.

It doesn't have to be an A-gd DAC...who said it had to be ?  ...as for single ended output ...it's fuzzy (my recollection of it) ask Kingwa if you want a clear technical explanation.

Peete.

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #33 of 35
The DAC3-SE is what Kingwa recommended to me (over RE5-DSP and NFB1) for listening to 16bit 44kHz material in single ended configuration.

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #34 of 35
How about the new Audio-gd NFB7?

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #35 of 35
NFB7 certainly is interesting for the future Balance-minded people.  I have already had one balanced system so don't need another one.  But NFB7 will be interesting because of the entirely different DAC chip from Kingwa's past offering.

Ref 9 seems and DAC-3SE seems to be good candidate from Audio-GD's line.  I was just so in need of another excellent DAC.  My CSP2+ amp is so revealing and transparent that I was hearing totally different SQ switching from DLIII to Ref-1.  And I was so pleased by the CSP2+/Ref-1 combo (even just using RCA output).  But Ref-1 is in my office and I need to go home! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back