Lookig for iem with good bass with top price around $80
Oct 21, 2010 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Rufus_Truthfist

Head-Fier
I have been looking for some iem's for around 80 that have good bass, bass does'nt have to everthing, but just a strong point.  I have looked at the 115 iem comparison thread already and i'm currently thinking about panisonic hj900's, the hippos, and possibly also the fischer audio enternia. I have heard some issues of the internal build quaility on the hj900's but im hoping that is not much of a problem  I mostly listen to hip hop. Can you give me your thoughts on these iem's and tell me which is better. Im also open to any other suggestions. Thanks

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 13
For hip-hop, as well all other genres, I continue to believe that the Klipsch S4 are superior in the sub-$100 range.  For hip-hop, you generally want good bass, and I took the S4's over the Monster Turbines.  The S4's are exceptional I think, though maybe less so in construction (though my two pairs have not proved faulty after continued use for a while).  They also isolate very well, have a big soundstage, and are supremely comfortable.  I have yet to find a genuinely bad review for them across the internet, and there are a number of decent user reviews on Head-Fi too,  mostly positive, some not so much, but keep in mind that you must try them for yourself, don't necessarily be swayed by a few bad user reviews.  

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 13
I've read alot about the Fischer audio eterna version 1, being a great iem for BASS. They can be had for under 100 bucks. Clieos wrote a review on them and put them up there with some of the big dogs. I have never heard them just trying to help. Cheers.

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 13
Brainwavz M2's get my vote. hard to beat for the price.

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #8 of 13
I would like to add some info. I originally had the Panasonics, but in my opinion, they didn't have enough bass to my liking. I also love hip-hop, which naturally is filled with deep bass. I already got rid of them and am looking for a new set.

Hope this helps!

Oct 27, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 13
ok so i guess the hje900 is not the best for hip hop, i think i mostly just like it because of the build quality and removable cable. Im still trying to decide between the brainwavzs m2, audio eterna and hje900. is the 900 the least bassiest of the bunch, and would the eterna be a better choice over the silver bullet for hip hop?

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #11 of 13
Audio Technica CKM-55? to me they have a lot of bass and the bass isn't all over the place and it's pretty good for lots of genre [except the classicals and stuff like that]...the highs are quite recessed though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back