Look! MOONDROP's First HiFi Smartphone, MIAD01
Apr 25, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #17 of 164
Wow..... where does something like this sit in the DAP market though?
It sits as a reasonable device which makes sense unlike other DAP which dont

You can have a call and enjoy music on balanced as well.. and then click photos.

If this works and if moondrop becomes successful. I think either DAP market is dead or we see resurgence of phones with jack(and that too good jack powered by good system)

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #18 of 164
I agreed! Still, as long as you are a fan of iPod seeking for a phone as well, this is a good one
I can imagine the device will be very late with security patches as well... I wouldn't want to use a phone that's too dated in terms of security updates.

One can live without feature updates, but for a connected device which will house lots of personal data it's another story.

But well see!

I don't wanna sound too negative, it's a great niche device for it's price!

Naming could be better also? Moondrop Phone or something instead of "MIAD01"? 😁

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #19 of 164
I'm weirdly inteigued. The battery of my old Galaxy S10 isn't that great anymore and I don't feel like paying the prices for New galaxy phones...

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #21 of 164
Would be interesting to compare it with the LG V60, which still is a great phone, it even has a few advantages like wireless charging. We also know exactly what dac/amp that sits inside it (ESS Sabre ES9219).

Even on Android 13, despite being 4 years old.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #22 of 164
It sits as a reasonable device which makes sense unlike other DAP which dont

You can have a call and enjoy music on balanced as well.. and then click photos.

If this works and if moondrop becomes successful. I think either DAP market is dead or we see resurgence of phones with jack(and that too good jack powered by good system)

It's definitely a niche product for the hifi community but at least it seems cool enough and it will be interesting to see how it sounds when you debloat all the junkware from the Android OS and use Neutron player app.

Still woulda been better if you could Hypercharge the battery like I can on my One Note 10T.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #23 of 164
There's some unboxing videos and review videos on Youtube already.

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #26 of 164
Does this thing have GPS for Google maps Navigation?
And inductive battery charging?

I'm seriously considering this.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #27 of 164
The growing complexity of 5G smartphones and the disappearance of the headphone jack are taken for granted by most users, but for people who love music and value sound quality, these developments are problematic.
Music lovers long for a solution that doesn’t involve carrying a cumbersome hi-fi player around, or connecting their smartphones to external decoders and amplifiers. A solution that returns to the original vision of a hi-fi player that allows you to “Take beautiful sounds with you.”
Hence, we wanted to do something different. It’s high time for a change, and here is our solution!

We're proud to announce our first HiFi smartphone, the MIAD01, with a price tag of US$399. It is equipped with Mediatek Dimensity 7050 8-core processor, combined with sufficient performance and low power consumption, Cortex-A78 processors clocked up to 2.6GHz and Cortex-A55 processors clocked 2.0GHz. It features 12GLPDDR4xRAM+256GUFS31 flash storage for storing more master music files and carrying more mainstreaming apps. Of course, it supports 2TB storage expansion card and OTG.

MIAD01 is not only a smartphone, it's a HiFi audio device with 3.5mm SE+4.4mm BAL outputs. Specially designed for the complex signal environment of 5G smartphones, the independent electromagnetic shielding and isolation audio circuit module adopts dual Master HiFi audio decoding chips. The 6-layer gold-sinking independent audio circuit shields the signal interference, and the audio circuit is supplied by an independent LDO power supply.
4-channel fully balanced output, dynamic range up to 132dB, the SNR up to 117dB, It’s easy to drive various types of flagship in-ear headphones and most full-size headphones, while providing pure master sound quality.

Besides, MIAD01 has a large battery capacity of 5000mAh, and 33W PD fast charging, it offers the test data of 27H battery life under balanced output. In terms of the screen, it offers a 6.7-inch flexible OLED curved screen, 120Hz high refresh rates, 1080P Full HD Resolution, and 1920Hz high-frequency PWM dimming.

Thanks for reading and your support. Any questions, comments, or suggestions ar

The growing complexity of 5G smartphones and the disappearance of the headphone jack are taken for granted by most users, but for people who love music and value sound quality, these developments are problematic.
Music lovers long for a solution that doesn’t involve carrying a cumbersome hi-fi player around, or connecting their smartphones to external decoders and amplifiers. A solution that returns to the original vision of a hi-fi player that allows you to “Take beautiful sounds with you.”
Hence, we wanted to do something different. It’s high time for a change, and here is our solution!
1.jpg

We're proud to announce our first HiFi smartphone, the MIAD01, with a price tag of US$399. It is equipped with Mediatek Dimensity 7050 8-core processor, combined with sufficient performance and low power consumption, Cortex-A78 processors clocked up to 2.6GHz and Cortex-A55 processors clocked 2.0GHz. It features 12GLPDDR4xRAM+256GUFS31 flash storage for storing more master music files and carrying more mainstreaming apps. Of course, it supports 2TB storage expansion card and OTG.
MIAD三视图.jpg

MIAD01 is not only a smartphone, it's a HiFi audio device with 3.5mm SE+4.4mm BAL outputs. Specially designed for the complex signal environment of 5G smartphones, the independent electromagnetic shielding and isolation audio circuit module adopts dual Master HiFi audio decoding chips. The 6-layer gold-sinking independent audio circuit shields the signal interference, and the audio circuit is supplied by an independent LDO power supply.
4-channel fully balanced output, dynamic range up to 132dB, the SNR up to 117dB, It’s easy to drive various types of flagship in-ear headphones and most full-size headphones, while providing pure master sound quality.
PHI_7352.jpg

Besides, MIAD01 has a large battery capacity of 5000mAh, and 33W PD fast charging, it offers the test data of 27H battery life under balanced output. In terms of the screen, it offers a 6.7-inch flexible OLED curved screen, 120Hz high refresh rates, 1080P Full HD Resolution, and 1920Hz high-frequency PWM dimming.
PHI_0544-已增强-NR.jpg

Thanks for reading and your support. Any questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome.
Nah maybe if it was hiby making a phone but moondrop dongles arent anything special so why would their phone replace them lol

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #28 of 164
Now if Samsung can get together and release something like this more advanced, with balanced output and 10000 mAh battery, wow will be a hit amoung us audiophiles.
Audiophile smartphones have existed for many years. LG had a handful of amazing quad DAC phones that still blow many dongles out of the water despite the fact that they vanished from the market due to the lack of interest. I'm afraid this device will follow the dinosaurs the same way as said LG phones and all kinds of other great devices like the iPod Classic.

drftr

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #29 of 164
If this ends up being half as good as it sounds, future of DAPS will start crunching into the smartphone market for all those who like music and hate current memephones
I doubt that...most Audiophiles dont want phones
Wow..... where does something like this sit in the DAP market though?
it doesnt...it sits amongst other phones and dongles. You gotta think that most who buy daps dont want phones. And those who use dongles with phones are the ones who'd shop for this

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #30 of 164
Audiophile smartphones have existed for many years. LG had a handful of amazing quad DAC phones that still blow many dongles out of the water despite the fact that they vanished from the market due to the lack of interest. I'm afraid this device will follow the dinosaurs the same way as said LG phones and all kinds of other great devices like the iPod Classic.

drftr
LG is a very large company. Therefore, their numbers are probably gonna be a lot larger to make it makes sense for them to offer a phone. Moondrop will just be fine, I could afford for this to be a throwaway DAP that just happens to double as a backup phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back