Look at what I picked up yesterday :D
Feb 27, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #31 of 74
[size=12.0px]Hey Owen, have you made much progress? Any panels yet? No pressure, well not much anyway... Just a little.
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #32 of 74
A little progress but no panels yet. I've got some tooling coming from Hong Kong and I started building a bench yesterday. Should be able to get it done by this weekend.

There's the rear part of the frame:
7a6ee449-24e6-c5e3.jpg

And more wood for the rest of it:
7a6ee449-2548-e5da.jpg

Apr 3, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #42 of 74
Yeah... getting there. Staining took a while but I finished that last week. Put it almost all together this weekend, but I only had some of Saturday free to do it. I just have to put a handle and some locks on it, then I'll have some more exciting progress and photos. Soon...

Planning on building a workbench, Bob?

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #43 of 74

Quote:
Yeah... getting there. Staining took a while but I finished that last week. Put it almost all together this weekend, but I only had some of Saturday free to do it. I just have to put a handle and some locks on it, then I'll have some more exciting progress and photos. Soon...

Planning on building a workbench, Bob?

Probably not. It's not going to be a really serious project, but rather an experiment. I found a couple old stepping motors and I'm going to see if I can't make a working CNC Router out of it. I found some schematics for the circuitry, and some basic instructions, and I figure I'll start with that. It won't be very big, and it definitely won't be a permanent installation since I'll be moving out after senior year.

I'll be watching this thread 
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #45 of 74
Hi Elliot42,

That's a nice looking CNC machine you got.  Have you thought of any project to do with your CNC?  May I interest you with a DIY electrostatic headphones project?

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/498292/my-diy-electrostatic-headphones

Wachara C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back