London (UK) meeting.
Dec 11, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #107 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vkvedam me too.

LOL it'll probably happen when it happens either way, but is anyone thinking about trades already?

Sorry P4Z, I didn't get you exactly. Could you be more specific/elaborative. Cheers...

Edit: Sorry, I've understood.

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #109 of 250
I wanted to know if anyone wanted to trade any headphones or equipment at the meet, but that it's probably a silly question because you can't know for sure till you've tried it, which you will.

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #110 of 250
I don't use strange hair products myself, I can imagine how irritating it must be to get your stuff back stinking of product. I'm sure it'll be a considerate meet, and it seems absolutely reasonable of Parafeed to raise the issue of meet etiquette. I'll make a note of it on the first page.
This meet has been good already - it's motivated me to re-tune my fostex t20v2s and they're a fair bit nicer sounding I think. I've also put together my k140s which had been in bits. Their sound is flawed but with a certain charm I think.

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #113 of 250
I live in Cambridge and to be honest I am not entirely sure of my schedule that weekend yet but if possible I would love to come. Since I will be coming from Cambridge by train/tube I will only be able to bring a limited selection of gears. I am thinking of bring my Headamp GS-1 and my Grado RS-2 since I saw that nobody else has those with them on the list.

I also do have a K1000 but it has an cable issue with the left channel - without applying the correct pressure the left channel drops out. Needs repairing but I have been having trouble finding someone in the UK that can perform the job. Is there any interest in me bring this along?

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #114 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenitor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also do have a K1000 but it has an cable issue with the left channel - without applying the correct pressure the left channel drops out. Needs repairing but I have been having trouble finding someone in the UK that can perform the job. Is there any interest in me bring this along?

most definately. I'd love to hear a k1000. Little bit I cable pressure whilst listening isn't an issue.

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #115 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted to know if anyone wanted to trade any headphones or equipment at the meet, but that it's probably a silly question because you can't know for sure till you've tried it, which you will.

I have at least one (probably 2) complete Bijou kits that I would be up for trading. I constructed several of these kits for other people last year. I'll bring the "spares" along and see if there is any interest. Fairly easy to build if you own a soldering iron. I think the value of the kit is around £100. The Hammond 370DAX transformer that you'll need is approx. £50. (Think I probably still have those too.)

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #116 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenitor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in Cambridge and to be honest I am not entirely sure of my schedule that weekend yet but if possible I would love to come. Since I will be coming from Cambridge by train/tube I will only be able to bring a limited selection of gears. I am thinking of bring my Headamp GS-1 and my Grado RS-2 since I saw that nobody else has those with them on the list.

It would be great if you can make it. Of course the GS-1 and RS-2 are very welcome indeed but the K1000 would be amazing to bring - I'm sure nobody would be concerned about having to hold them correctly to keep the left channel working. There seem to be a couple of good DIYers coming, and someone may conceivably be able to help solve the problem, or at least diagnose it properly.

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #118 of 250
You can duct tape me+my kit to the ceiling
wink.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #120 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With twelve people all with kit I think we're getting to the point where it'll be a squeeze to be sure. We'll find a way to make it work though.

I'm sure it'll be fine either way, but perhaps it might be an idea to have a quick ring-round on Monday and see if we can find an alternative location, even if it means a whip-round of a tenner each to pay for a conference room? The numbers are now sufficient to make that viable, I would have thought. Of course, if lecky is still happy with the original arrangement, then that's fine, but I'd personally hate for him to regret his decision now that a couple of people has morphed into 12. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back