London (UK) meeting.
Dec 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #121 of 250
I'm assuming people not coming in cars are bringing their stuff in suitcases or backpacks or something similar, which raises the question:
If any of you guys want to eat after/during the meet, where/what do we eat?

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #122 of 250
No regrets Parafeed! If someone wants to find an alternative then I don't mind, and next time we'll do that so that the event can grow if necessary, but it'll be fine this time. We'll find space for everyone and all the kit. I certainly don't feel it's a problem from my point of view.

There are a few restaurants nearby in Lewisham and in Blackheath from which we can chose, so after we do the meet and pack up those who want can get some dinner locally and collect their stuff afterwards, I'll come out for dinner with whoever wants to do that.

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #125 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No regrets Parafeed! If someone wants to find an alternative then I don't mind, and next time we'll do that so that the event can grow if necessary, but it'll be fine this time. We'll find space for everyone and all the kit. I certainly don't feel it's a problem from my point of view.

If you're happy, that's all that matters! (I've been in the situation before where a meet grows from a friend or two into something larger, but having said in the beginning you'll host it, you feel obligated.
wink.gif
)

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #126 of 250
I'm very happy! No problem. I really appreciate your consideration in asking though.

I have PortaPros - actually a little modified and with different pads, although I have the original pads still.

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #128 of 250
Sorry I'm not going to be able to make it. I will be in London, but I've just found out how busy I'm going to be for the next few weeks. Hope it goes well for all those who are free to attend.

Dec 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #130 of 250
Parafeed, do you have a fully build Bijou amp to bring to the meeting? That was one of the amp that got my attention already six months ago and I thought to build one when I saw the diagram of the "Millet's menace" and got hooked by it. Strangely enough nobody seems to have tried this amp with the K340 and I would like to try it. It will make a good reason to actually go for it. As a minimum the PCBs you will bring will be of sure interest to me.

Ch

Dec 13, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #132 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antistase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Parafeed, do you have a fully build Bijou amp to bring to the meeting? That was one of the amp that got my attention already six months ago and I thought to build one when I saw the diagram of the "Millet's menace" and got hooked by it. Strangely enough nobody seems to have tried this amp with the K340 and I would like to try it. It will make a good reason to actually go for it. As a minimum the PCBs you will bring will be of sure interest to me.

No, I don't actually have a built one on hand. I'll fire a couple of emails and see if I can "borrow" one back, or get one of the owners to come to the meet. With more notice I wouldn't be against building another one of the kits and selling it "finished" but I won't have time to do it this week. Let's see if I can "borrow" one.

Just FYI, the kit really is a kit, not just the PCB's. ie. all components required to populate the 3 PCB's and tubes. Only parts that need adding for a complete build - case, IEC socket, (Hammond 370DAX) transformer, 2 knobs for volume and feedback controls, 2 RCA inputs and jack for headphone output.

I might have a punched chassis already prepared. ie. drilled and punched. I definitely will have a "blank" Hammond aluminium 12x8x3 chassis and base plate (at cost) that you can use, if you want it and a fpd design that you can print out and stick to the top to enable you to mark out the holes easily.

EDIT: One other comment, the Menace is a 6SN7 driving a 6080 cathode follower. The Bijou is a Futterman circuit with ECC88 gain stage, ECC88 phase splitter, and 6N6 output stage. Quite different designs, IMHO.

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #133 of 250
Sorry guys, I have to cancel my presence at the meeting: my son has born yesterday (a bit earlier than the expected) and I've just pulled a trigger on a Beyerdynamic T1 as a nice present :-O
Please take some pics of the event and post them here!

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #134 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by realmassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry guys, I have to cancel my presence at the meeting: my son has born yesterday (a bit earlier than the expected) and I've just pulled a trigger on a Beyerdynamic T1 as a nice present :-O

Congrats!
beerchug.gif
(The T1 is a little bit of a leap into the unknown?
wink.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back