London (UK) meeting.
Dec 10, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #91 of 250
This is great, I live in SE5 Camberwell which is only around 4 miles from the meet. If anyone needs a helping hand and is travelling by car then give me a shout.

Can someone kindly PM me the date and time details as I have not kept up with the thread.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #92 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is great, I live in SE5 Camberwell which is only around 4 miles from the meet. If anyone needs a helping hand and is travelling by car then give me a shout.

Can someone kindly PM me the date and time details as I have not kept up with the thread.

They have been updated on the first post of this thread.

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #95 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha ha, sorted.

I don't understand.
I was under the impression that ~40GB (~33GB that I find listenable atm as my taste in music has developed) wasn't a lot for the average head-fier.

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #96 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to try the Solo vic1890, is that available?

Sadly I haven't the Solo anymore my friend - but I'd certainly be glad to answer any questions you might have on it. I used it day-in day-out for months so I'm quite familiar with its sound signature (considering you're using the HD650s as well)

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #98 of 250
Quote:

What do you have now?

RSA Raptor - but sadly, that blew up 2 months ago, and I haven't sent it in for repair. Shame though - would have been nice to bring that long to the meet - I don't see anyone with a Raptor on the list.

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #99 of 250
Quote:

I don't understand.
I was under the impression that ~40GB (~33GB that I find listenable atm as my taste in music has developed) wasn't a lot for the average head-fier.

No, I sorted the listing of your hard drive as full - it now says 'only 40gb of tunes' or something of the sort
wink.gif

I've only about that much myself I guess, but you're probably right that many people have more.

Dec 11, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #102 of 250
Chaps, I feel stupid for saying this, (cause it's so bloody obvious if you're using/borrowing phones that belong to someone else), that it shouldn't need to be said, but can we please lay off the hair products, (gel, mousse, pomagne, vegetable oil, lard, etc. etc.), on Sunday!

Having just sold my pair of RS-1's, I asked my brother for the return of a "spare" pair of HD650's that I loaned him for the upcoming meet. Sure enough he returned them, but unbeknown to me while in his possession he loaned them to a friend. I'm pretty hacked-off to say the least on the condition (and stink) from the headband and earcups. I don't know what sort of hair product(s) this "friend" uses, (it's not my brother as he is as bald as bald can be), and I don't really care. Not amused. Really, not amused. Obviously, I won't be bringing this pair of 650's to the meet, (unless I receive the replacement velour parts before then, which is doubtful), but I'm still going to be 'touchy' about this next weekend. Just thought I'd say this now, as I do expect a certain amount of consideration and etiquette, like not ripping a pair of phones off your head one-handed and not wearing hair products. If that makes me an unwelcome attendee, then so be it. I hope not, but better to get this out of the way now than to have any misunderstandings next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back