London Meet - Saturday 27th April
Apr 11, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #691 of 924
RE buying gear...I'd be very interested in a pair of iems with a wetter sound to compliment my er4s. Anyone selling? Im waiting on the new cardas ones also ;O

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #693 of 924
Quote:

JUDE could you bring over a bunch of headfi mobile rig rubber bands? For purchase/donation to charity? I just got an S3 and am loath to use TTVJ's velcro straps on it for my glacier. 

Dan 

I'm up for a couple of those. Gladly make a donation.

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #694 of 924
I take it you got your flights sorted out Jude - that's great...
smily_headphones1.gif

Just had a Graham Slee Bitzie DAC + Lautus USB Cable turn up today for the raffle.

Also IFI Audio, who will be attending are donating:

iUSB Power – a pure power supply that sits between the Computer > DAC.

iDAC – portable, USB DAC that handles 24/192 with a separate headphone amp section

iCAN – Class A headphone amplifer with XBass to adjust for different bass response of all headphones and 3D holographic to ‘re-equalise recordings (originally made for speakers)

This is in addition to teh other stuff already listed, such as the pair of HD800's, etc.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #695 of 924
Quote:
How bout Jude bring over a bunch of those Head-Fi straps and anyone that joins the raffle gets a pair? I'm also up for it if the straps were sold for charity or even funding to run this site.

I'm up for a couple of those. Gladly make a donation.

Are you guys talking about these silicone bands?

I'm pretty sure I've got a bag of these somewhere, but don't know for sure how many I've got. I'll bring whatever I've got, and then let GSARider decide what to do with them. Sell them for a quid each for charity? Give some or all away for free? He's the organizer, so it'll be up to him.

I take it you got your flights sorted out Jude - that's great...
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, flight and lodging are all set up, so I'm good to go!

I can't wait! This looks to be shaping up into a very cool event, so thanks, GSARider, for all you're doing.

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #697 of 924
I know I'm being a dunce but is there a list anywhere of confirmed attendees? I'm pretty sure I'm down (+1) but would be great to see my name up in lights (or on a list!), I'd hate to miss this!

Great work GSARider

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #698 of 924
Sadly not all of us can bring or have the portable player/laptop + dac/amp and have your own music
I know its not the best place for accurate testing. But i`m dying  to try HD800, couple portable players £500+,
BUT if i will have to listen some unfamiliar music to me,  like Beethoven, Vivaldi or Mozart probably i would never know how that headphones are. You know what i mean. 
So i have an idea:
Lets have all of us, lets say three very well known and acceptable songs for every one
So we will avoid asking to hook our stuff  to test your headphones or player. Simply listen others setup with same songs (if we want too).
I just quickly thought what songs could be and well known for every one (it must be ROCK/POP i guess, which i hate):

No Doubt - Don't Speak
Portishead - Roads
4 Non Blondes - What's Up

I don`t listen them at all, but know them well for some reason. :)
What do you think guys?
Can make separate threat and decide.

Sorry for my english. Its not first or even second language.

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #699 of 924
Just found out about the London meet on the 27th and is nice to see Head-fi meets are starting to gather more "momentum" (pardon the Senn pun) over here in the UK now.

I am looking forward to finally getting to listen to the new Senn amp & dac combo for sure.  

My collection is slightly modest to some on here but I will be bringing to start with.....

JH16 Pros with stock cable plus Whiplash TWag V2 Eclipse & Hybrid cables & ic's. 
Sony MDR-Z1000 headphones (with stock cable) 
Sony X1060 32gb Walkman
Sony Z1070  (japan 64gb model)
TTVJ Slim amp (non dac version) 

(if anyone is interested I have a pair of Beyer Dynamic DT100's I can bring along also to listen to, very accurate headphone for their modest price tag) 

I will also have with me a pair of Heir 5.0 with Magnus cable as well as a couple of other Heir iem's and their Rendition 1 amp which I will have on me from Heir with the view to purchase the one I like most. 

This will be my first Head-fi meet I am attending as I could not make the one last year so look forward to meeting fellow head-fier's who share  a passion for wallet abuse. 

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #700 of 924
I'd love to have a listen to your 5.0s. I was a whisper away from buying some from Frank the other day. I also picked up a rendition. Cracking little amp :)

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #702 of 924
Hi GSARider.
Great to see you've found more space.
I hope to make it. 90% certain I can.

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #703 of 924
Quote:
Sadly not all of us can bring or have the portable player/laptop + dac/amp and have your own music
I know its not the best place for accurate testing. But i`m dying  to try HD800, couple portable players £500+,
BUT if i will have to listen some unfamiliar music to me,  like Beethoven, Vivaldi or Mozart probably i would never know how that headphones are. You know what i mean. 
So i have an idea:
Lets have all of us, lets say three very well known and acceptable songs for every one
So we will avoid asking to hook our stuff  to test your headphones or player. Simply listen others setup with same songs (if we want too).
I just quickly thought what songs could be and well known for every one (it must be ROCK/POP i guess, which i hate):

No Doubt - Don't Speak
Portishead - Roads
4 Non Blondes - What's Up

I don`t listen them at all, but know them well for some reason. :)
What do you think guys?
Can make separate threat and decide.

Sorry for my english. Its not first or even second language.

My DX100 has Portishead on (the last owner left it on there), can't remember off the top of my head what bit-rate but they're MP3. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back