London Meet - Saturday 27th April
Mar 18, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #481 of 924
Gutted not to be able to come.....been "stalking" the site and others over the last few years, building up knowledge and the beginnings of an audio collection, but taken time out to travel the world.....apparently just at the wrong time as I've always wanted to hear those 600/800s.....grrr.

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #482 of 924
Quote:
The meet is getting better every minute that goes by! Maybe audeze can join in also? Or hifiman? Or one of the (uk/europe based) amp manufacturers? Who are sponsers here on headfi..We dont mind! 
biggrin.gif

I am all for this too. Competition is good and manufacturers like Sennheiser should have nothing to worry about. 

I am sure the HD800 and even more so the Orpheus will hold their ground well, but I've not seen an LCD-3 being brought for this meeting. Who wants to contact Audeze or their dealers in the UK? :)

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #483 of 924
Quote:

I am all for this too. Competition is good and manufacturers like Sennheiser should have nothing to worry about. 

I am sure the HD800 and even more so the Orpheus will hold their ground well, but I've not seen an LCD-3 being brought for this meeting. Who wants to contact Audeze or their dealers in the UK? :)

Maybe frank from toxic cables, who is a (the?) dealer of hifiman in uk..can bring the he6?

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #485 of 924
Sorry no other dealers / manufacturers will be allowed entry. Also from above - Frank won't be attending - he's sending me a selection of cables for people to try out, he was allowed to attend and can still do so if he gets the time, however he can't because of the volume of his orders.

Sennheiser are paying for the whole event including refreshments / lunch to the tune of £13 a head as well as hire of the venue, raffle prize of a pair of HD800's, sending Axell Grell (Chief Sound Engineer) over from Germany especially for this event, plus other staff, giving a 10% discount on the day,  etc, so it was made clear from the start that there would be restrictions on other dealers / manufacturers. In any case we don't have the room for any more dealers. This was shut off two weeks back, if you read through the posts a few pages back.

We have a fantastic venue - raffle prizes worth over 2k and logistics being taken care of by Sennheiser UK. So from where I'm sitting Sennheiser UK deserve to be applauded for footing the bill for this, devoting staff to making this a success and offering me all the support I need. Competition can be good, but not when someone else is fotting the bill and carrying out all the hard work.

Despite all of this, there are a few others in attendance - amps, etc and genuine headfiers are welcome to bring their own equipment with no restrictions, however abuse of this by dealers or members would be very disappointing and jeopardise future events. If any other manufacturer would like to sponsor an event going forward and are also a sponsor of HeadFi - then I'll be happy to talk to them for future events.

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #486 of 924
Really attendees should stop being mischievous by suggesting that other headphone dealers attend and applaud both GSARider and Sennheiser for organising/sponsoring this meet.

Arranging a Head-Fi meet takes a lot of time, effort and goodwill. So be thankful that a committed individual has taken up the challenge on your behalf, as he's doing this voluntarily and without reward. Oh and buy the man a drink afterwards, as he'll undoubtedly need one!
beerchug.gif

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #487 of 924
Really attendees should stop being mischievous by suggesting that other headphone dealers attend and applaud both GSARider and Sennheiser for organising/sponsoring this meet.

Arranging a Head-Fi meet takes a lot of time, effort and goodwill. So be thankful that a committed individual has taken up the challenge on your behalf, as he's doing this voluntarily and without reward. Oh and buy the man a drink afterwards, as he'll undoubtedly need one!
:beerchug:
Cheers,

Andy. 

Well said :alien:

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #490 of 924
Okay chaps - a couple of folk were asking about availability of products to buy - if anyone would like to pre-order a pair of Sennheiser headphones from Custom Cable to collect on the day, I have a discount code that I can pm - just let me know. This way you can get the 10% off and be sure of getting what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back