London Meet - Saturday 27th April
Feb 23, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #151 of 924
Morning All,

It's great to see so many people looking to come along on the 27th. We look forward to seeing you all. I am hoping we can get the new Momentum Black's along for you to have a look/listen too. I may try and bring our Invicta too, not sure how that would work yet though. :)

Regards

Phil

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #153 of 924
Count me in!

I sometimes work saturdays but I usually get to know a couple of weeks beforehand, so will let you know in case..

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #158 of 924
Quote:
I'd love to go and show off my product (modified Fostex headphones) and hopefully get a little more publicity.

I'm not sure you're allowed, see the below from the first post.  You have some publicity though - expect an e-mail when I've done enough reading not to bore you with silly questions
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Sennheiser will be kindly paying for the Hotel and providing soft drinks / sandwiches, etc and as such will be the only headphone manufacturer in attendance. However other companies that make / sell peripherals are welcome to get in touch with a view to coming along.

Feb 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #160 of 924
Quote:
I think we should have enough 'trusted' folk to keep an eye on gear. We can all ensure that each other's kit is looked after. I will be bringing my HD800's along too. So if someone wants to go for a wonder, just let me or someone else know and we'll sit by the kit.

I'll collate a list of kit, etc when things settle down in terms of people that are coming.

It is very generous of you to put all the effort in that must have gone into making this happen. I hope to get along.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #161 of 924
Was at Bristol Audio show yesterday. Their Rep (the young guy with slick hair :) said indeed the orpheus is gona be at the london meet..and they told axel grell they will pay
for all his expenses etc etc to get him over. so fingers crossed. 

I tried the new HDVA 600 amp they had there running some classical out of an Ak100 via mini jack to dual rca. sadly no balanced cable is available yet. The rep 
told me he was lucky just to get the amps on time....the only 2 in the UK right now. 

The amp was v nice. I brought my hd650s and the dual outputs allowed me to compare them to a well run in pair of hd800s. hd700s at show were not run in :frowning2: 
One thing the amp showed me was how close (in some ways) the hd650 can be to the 800s with the right amp. One wonders thus whether the amp does more 
for the 650s than for the 800s...no idea yet personally...ill def want to do some comparisons between the V200, SPL auditor/phonitor and the HDVA as the previous
are considered great SS pairing for the HD800

P.S my 650s have the foam taken off the outer side of the driver. (apuresound mod) so this could affect my impressions vs HD800! 

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #163 of 924
Okay chaps, just gone through the whole thread  and the people attending at the moment are the below.

Could I ask that anyone else coming to just copy & paste the list and add their name to it?

If you'd also like to add the equipment you're bringing, please do so.

People attending:

GSARider + 1 Bringing: MacBook Pro Retina, Fiio E17, Fiio E09K, HDVD800 (If bought in time) Amperiors x 2 (1 x Custom Cable), IE80 (Toxic Silver Poison), HD800 (Toxic Copper).
EddieE
Naimless
Zenpunk
Julian H
JR41
Suicidal Orange
Proedros
Somnambulist
hifimanrookie
Daniel Hokkaido + 1
Tangster
KElyas
Cakensaur
Louis940
Cakes
Negura
Corate
MarkyB16
MaxD
Musicday
Nulliverse
Jay567
Jimbob747 (tbc)
Shipsupt
Spakka
Takeanidea
Voodoo Chile
kryten123
Musicdiddy
Joeyjojo
Swimsonny
Big-Man
Uprightman
Damianryan
Granty1988
DrHouse
SamHedges
Kabeer
Jesusguy
Bolampau
Gofre
Biesas
Apmusson
CantScareme
MrQ
Davedog (tbc)
Super Snorlax
Leonardo BVB
Bandeira (tbc)
Rocketron
Threek
Syntheticfish
Krismusic

Trade Attending:

Sennheiser
Custom Cable
Oscar Audio
Toxic Cables

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #164 of 924
no need for the tbc by my name, I'll definitley be coming
smile.gif

It would be great if there could be a list of what everyone is planning to bring along as the date draws nearer so that we could make note of what we don't want to miss out on on the day. I really want to try the AKG K1000 if anyone is brining that along and some 'fun' portable sets too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back