London Meet - Saturday 27th April
Feb 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #122 of 924
Sounds good, looks like we're over 50 people so far.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #123 of 924
Count me in this time for sure! I'll bring my PRO900's, Q40's, ODAC, LD I+, ZO2.3 and my Atrio (have load of spare tips) 

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #124 of 924
Okay chaps, great to see so much interest and should make for a great day!

I wasn't sure of numbers when I first posted up and had planned for 50 or so, however we have that many right now and I expect more will sign up. The room we were looking at in the Hotel can take 50 people, so we need to go back and see if we can get a bigger room now.

It won't be a major issue as they various function rooms - just need to check availability, etc. Once this is done, I'll be able to post up venue details. My contact at Sennheiser is on leave until Monday, so it will be after this most likely.

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #125 of 924
Awesome - this meet is now front page news!

Quote:
Okay chaps, great to see so much interest and should make for a great day!

I wasn't sure of numbers when I first posted up and had planned for 50 or so, however we have that many right now and I expect more will sign up. The room we were looking at in the Hotel can take 50 people, so we need to go back and see if we can get a bigger room now.

It won't be a major issue as they various function rooms - just need to check availability, etc. Once this is done, I'll be able to post up venue details. My contact at Sennheiser is on leave until Monday, so it will be after this most likely.

I think we had around 50 at the 2011 meet I organised. I reckon the 2012 meet organised by Andy had around 80. Given this meet has hit the front page, and it's being hosted in London with sponsorship by Sennheiser, I would plan for around 150.

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #126 of 924
jr41,
I reckon that it was more like 100 attendees last September!  
L3000.gif

Regrettably I won't be able to attend this time, as it's my mums birthday weekend and she's 80, so there'll be lots of celebrating to do.

Good luck to GSARider and all those attending this meet. 

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

I think we had around 50 at the 2011 meet I organised. I reckon the 2012 meet organised by Andy had around 80. Given this meet has hit the front page, and it's being hosted in London with sponsorship by Sennheiser, I would plan for around 150.

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #127 of 924
Quote:
This has been the first time I have resented my sisters wedding. Why? WHY? 

I guess you have to weigh up your priorities....I'm sure your sister's wedding will be on video.
wink_face.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #128 of 924
Okay chaps, just so you are aware, Custom Cables will be attending the meet courtesy of Sennheiser and will also be offering a discount on any kit bought on the day. Discount will be at least 10%, so if you have any special orders - let me know. Get yourself nearly a £100 off a pair of HD800's...!
biggrin.gif

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #129 of 924
Quote:
I'll be bringing as much as can fit in my suitcase - that should be pretty much everything.  The only exotic things would be the Sony PFR-V1 and Compact Tube Hybrid DIY amp.  Oh and I guess the Tera Player isn't very common...

I take it everyone needs to bring a socket strip too?

I'm in.  I will probably be bringing my Tera Player too as it one of my favourite pieces of kit.  I will confirm other kit later.

Ade

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #130 of 924
I have no excuse to not turn up - Live & Work in central london!

I'll bring a decent share of gear too. Actually going to the sound and vision bristol roadshow this weekend...very convenient that a headfi meet is coming up soon after!

Awesome stuff

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #131 of 924
GSARider,

Might I make a hopefully helpful suggestion?

It would be very useful for attendees if you amended thread post 1 to include what equipment folks are intending to bring along. As this avoids too much duplication and entices the perennially indecisive to attend, as they'll be tempted by all the juicy gear to audition. A simple category system of headphones, amplification and sources would suffice. This'll also enable you to determine whether you need to ask attendees to bring more of one category along. As last year it was evident that there'd be a shortage of CD players, so we needed to borrow a couple in advance of the event.  

Oh and meet attendees, don't forget to bring some music that you enjoy listening to, be it on CD, SD card, USB stick etc.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #135 of 924
Quote:
GSARider,

Might I make a hopefully helpful suggestion?

It would be very useful for attendees if you amended thread post 1 to include what equipment folks are intending to bring along. As this avoids too much duplication and entices the perennially indecisive to attend, as they'll be tempted by all the juicy gear to audition. A simple category system of headphones, amplification and sources would suffice. This'll also enable you to determine whether you need to ask attendees to bring more of one category along. As last year it was evident that there'd be a shortage of CD players, so we needed to borrow a couple in advance of the event.  

Oh and meet attendees, don't forget to bring some music that you enjoy listening to, be it on CD, SD card, USB stick etc.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Good idea to make a list on page one. I reckon it's obviously early for this list to be taken as 'binding' or definite. I cycle through gear/headphones quite a lot, so what I have now I may not have in two months time. 

I think it'll be good for everyone to confirm which gear they bring along say two weeks before the event.
I most probably will bring:
- mad dogs (leather comfort strap + alpha pads)  
- graham slee solo ultra linear diamond edition (funnily enough i've been so busy at work and other things that I haven't even been able to give this pairing a proper listen)
- musical fidelity vdac II
- d7k with lawton angle pads 
- A few others too

One question though: How is IEM testing and demoing carried out - how is hygiene maintained? I could bring a few iem's along, like the phonak 232, though i'm not sure how demoing would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back