London Meet - Crouch End - Sun Feb 4th
Jan 2, 2007 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

doctorjuggles

Member of the Trade: Cable Builder
Time for another UK London meet, folks.
For the moment, we'll set the date and venue as Crouch End on the 4th of Feb. If there are any changes, I will highlight them in this post in bold, as well as adding it to the thread.

The meet will probably be held at Vic's place, as it usually is.

For the moment, these are the only details I have.

Post in this thread if you can make it, along with the gear you plan to bring along.

Contact info:
Feel free to contact both myself or Vic through PM.

Vic's Profile

Gear in attendance:
doctorjuggles:
Shure E500
Sennheiser HD650 w/ Stefan AudioArt Equinox Cable
audio technica ATH-A900LTD
Benchmark DAC1
Musical Fidelity X-Ray v3 CDP
Ray Samuels Emmeline II 'The Raptor'
HeadAmp GS-1
Ray Samuels Emmeline 'The Hornet'
Ray Samuels Emmeline 'The Tomahawk'

Please note: Shure have very kindly sent me a nice supply of foam tips as well as a few tri-flange tips. Because of their generosity, attendees will be able to freely try any E500/E5c/E4c/E3c which may be at the meet, without fear of minging-ear-itis. I'd like to thank Shure for this, as well as let everyone know of this fact. It means that, for portable users, it's party time for your ear canals.

That's all I have for the moment, please post interest in this thread. All information can be discussed in this thread, but for obvious reasons, details on venue should be discussed with myself or Vic via PM.

See you there.

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 30
No go... Just checked
frown.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 30
Never been to a meet before - is it ok to just turn up when you don't know anyone? I have a nasty feeling I'm booked to babysit, but if not....

Sorry, but I'd have nothing really to bring that's, um, better than basement (in Head Fi terms anyway)! I have only E2c, HD 590, an Airhead and a Sony DNE900...Would be really interesting to try those other Shures, tho...

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 30
Never been to a meet. I would bring a W5000 and AD2000 there. Hope to sell them both for a upgrade of a fully balanced system.

Dr.juggles, pls PM me the details. I have been to London twice only and I would go there by train then by metro.

Jan 17, 2007 at 10:38 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As in near Highgate Crouch End?

Yep that's the one. My birthplace!

Jan 17, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 30
Put me down as a maybe...

I'm probably going to be in Mitcham that weekend, so not sure how easy / hard it will be to get to Crouch end but will check it out...

StevieDVD...

...Depending on if you want to go to Crouch end, maybe we can do our Feb 3rd 'micro meet' on the 4th instead? (I'll go with whatever is easier for you)

Thanks.

Jan 17, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 30
Okay, sorry I've been out of the loop a bit recently, internet issues at work and pub issues in the evening.

Right, I've had a couple of PMs about the general protocol of Head-Fi meets. This is a message to say "there isn't one." It's pretty relaxed, we don't make anyone wear name-tags and you're allowed to go to the toilet without putting your hand up.
Seriously though, if you're interested in coming, just let us know in this thread and then PM either Vic or myself for address/travel details. Simple innit?

Just to clarify with everyone in this thread, am I correct in saying that, aside from Vic and myself, everyone so far is a 'maybe'?

Duncan, it would be good to see you there. You can moderate the meet. Beware of StevieDvd though. Nothing but trouble, that one. :wink:

Right, any questions, feel free to ask away!

Jan 17, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #9 of 30
Right that's it I was going to come and offer Duncan a lift but now I'm considering the Netherlands meet (far nicer bunch the Dutch).
icon10.gif

So unless Doctorjuggles can arrange satellite link up with Holland and everyone is forced to wear badges and silly hat's .....

... I'll still come and make a nuisance of myself.

Steve

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #10 of 30
Hi,
I'm pretty close in South Hampstead then...I could bring my HE60/HEV70, Millet and Source could be a pain to bring..

Jan 18, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right that's it I was going to come and offer Duncan a lift but now I'm considering the Netherlands meet (far nicer bunch the Dutch).
icon10.gif

So unless Doctorjuggles can arrange satellite link up with Holland and everyone is forced to wear badges and silly hat's .....

... I'll still come and make a nuisance of myself.

Steve

Hokie Doke...

Put me down as 95% definite (I am more likely to be at home that day, as I don't know where to go on the bus from Finsbury Park... from where you picked me up from before but we'll chat about that nearer the time) - but may well go to Mitcham after the meet...

...As to what I'd be taking - Probably just myself, and some portable goodies...

Jan 29, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #13 of 30
Okay, looks like we'll have about 5 or 6 in total.
I've decided against bringing my Resolution Audio as Vic already has one of these, so bringing another will just add to the stuff I have to lug around.

Does everyone have the directions they need for this?

Jan 30, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjuggles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does everyone have the directions they need for this?

Hiya,

Steve has kindly offered me a lift, so for me I'm all set
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back