London Meet - Crouch End - Sun Feb 4th
Feb 1, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #16 of 30
I hope to be able to get there, if that is OK. I would be able to bring a DarkVoice 336 and a Practical Devices XM3.

I left some CDs there at the last meet, so I'm hoping I can pick them up if they can still be found.

It starts around midday, doesn't it?

Dennis

Feb 1, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #17 of 30
I'm still coming but have not decided exactly what to bring.

I was planning on;

Creek CD50 CD player
Benchmark Dac1
Rudistor NX-33 Balanced amp
HD650s with Moon audio balanced cable
Grado HHF1

RS Tomahawk
RS Hornet (M version)
RS SR71

ACS T2 (customs so look but no listen)
Vmoda vibes (arrived today)

Can bring along if asked:

Headroom Microdac/Microamp *
Corda HA2 MKii SE *
Westone UM2
Ety Er4p (with P to S cable) *
Alessandro MS1 and MS2i (woodied versions) *
Ipod (Nano 2g, Shuffle 2g or Video)

* After the meet I'll be cutting my inventory down so these will be up for sale/trades. So shout if you want to hear anything whilst I still have it.

Steve

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #18 of 30
Hi guys,

I'll be REALLY interested to drop by! Would it be too late to make plans? I could bring any of the equipment listed in my profile

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #19 of 30
mad.gif
Dammit...have to work all day Sunday so won't be able to come along. Hope to make it to the next meet tho. How often do they happen?

Wishing y'all a great time on Sunday!

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by eitook /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

I'll be REALLY interested to drop by! Would it be too late to make plans? I could bring any of the equipment listed in my profile

You're more than welcome to. The more the merrier (up to a point.)
I'd personally love to finally hear the zhaolu, and I wouldn't vote against you bringing along the littledot ld2+ tubeamp, the akg k81djs and the ultimate ears metro.fi 2s.

Feb 2, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #21 of 30
Hi,
I've sold the HE60's, I've got L3000s coming, but they are getting delivered to Australia. Sorry about that...I'll try drop in if I can get up there.
Justin

Feb 2, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
I've sold the HE60's, I've got L3000s coming, but they are getting delivered to Australia. Sorry about that...I'll try drop in if I can get up there.
Justin

You can listen to Vic's pair of L3000 then, see if you've made the right choice before they even arrive.
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjuggles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can listen to Vic's pair of L3000 then, see if you've made the right choice before they even arrive.
wink.gif

Lol, I've had them before...I sold them and missed them, so I bought another pair. PM the addy to me, and i'll try shoot up there.
Justin

Feb 2, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by chowk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going to try make the meet - what time should we arrive?

I haven't heard official word from Vic yet, but you can't go too far wrong with 11am onwards, I think. I'll update further if this turns out to be incorrect though.

Feb 3, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #26 of 30
Are there any further updates?

I may only be able to be at the meet for an hour or two tops, depends on the start time
frown.gif

StevieDVD, If I don't hear from you in this thread or by PM, then I will call you at 9am tomorrow morning to see if all is still set...

Thanks.

Feb 3, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #27 of 30
I'm still on for tomorrow, is Vic?

Duncan will speak tomorrow morning to confirm pick-up place & time. Expect to get to Vic's at 11am.

Steve

Feb 3, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #28 of 30
Haven't heard from Vic for a while, although he's been on the forums today, so I'm assuming if things weren't right he'd have said.
I'm going to be there for 12, I think. (Relying on someone for a lift, so I can't be too firm in my timing guarantees.)

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #29 of 30
Just got back. My thanks to Vic for his hospitality and to everyone else who brought so much audio equipment for everyone to experience. Carrying my pencil case rig to the meet really looked quite feeble in comparison :p

Thanks also to Shure for providing foamies and triflanges.

I'm a pure IEM user and only have a portable rig, so this was my first experience to hear some serious home rigs and full sized cans.

I got to hear both balanced and non-balanced versions of the HD650. Coming from IEMs, the soundstage seems so much wider and the whole sound much more immersive. To my mind, they sound similar to the E500. They were very comfortable and sounded great when driven out of my Tomahawk. I think these will be my next purchase...

I tried Nic's AKG K81DJ, which I thought were a bargain. They sound much better than their £30 pricetag suggests. I just wish the cups were slightly larger so they'd comfortably cover my ears.

I got a chance to sample the RSA Hornet, RSA Raptor. Saw custom IEMS for the first time, (StevieDVD's ACS T2). Also heard the Audio Technica L3000, which I must say look incredibly swish.

I only have my crappy cameraphone so I didn't bother taking any pictures but I'm sure the others will be bringing the eye candy!

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #30 of 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back