London Head-Fi Meet April 2013
Apr 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #92 of 134
Quote:
After consideration and clearance from head office, I'm getting the HDVD800 and hopefully a balanced cable from Toxic to pair up with my HD800's:)

Jealous :)

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #93 of 134
Quote:

Jealous :)

Me too 
L3000.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #94 of 134
Quote:
After consideration and clearance from head office, I'm getting the HDVD800 and hopefully a balanced cable from Toxic to pair up with my HD800's:)

Sweet! I am gutted that I missed the meet. No one would cover my weekend on-call shift :frowning2: On the bright side, the shift provided me the last bit of savings needed to spend on audio goodies! I wanted to do a test between the Invicta and HDVD800. Ive already decided to buy the HD800 but need to pair em with an amp. And did anyone listen to the colorfly C4? I'd appreciate your input.

Apr 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #96 of 134
Apr 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #97 of 134
Quote:
Looks as though it was a great meet, wished it were a little closer :frowning2:

Does anyone have anything to say about the Ifi stuff? 

I tried it with HD800. 

I quite liked the variable crossfeed and bass I could see how it could be quite useful to have those functions. 

Also, it was very small, a nice form factor if you want a small unobtrusive setup... 

However apart from the above I cannot comment much on sound quality due to background noise whilst auditioning, not my own music etc. 

Apr 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #98 of 134
I tried it with HD800. 

I quite liked the variable crossfeed and bass I could see how it could be quite useful to have those functions. 

Also, it was very small, a nice form factor if you want a small unobtrusive setup... 

However apart from the above I cannot comment much on sound quality due to background noise whilst auditioning, not my own music etc. 

Cheers.....

Looks as though Ifi has a good audio pedigree. Might just have to buy one out of curiosity. LCD2's are missing out since selling my GS Ultra Linear.

Apr 29, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #99 of 134
What an amazing meet.  Thanks GSA rider, Custom Cables and Sennheiser for their support! Really well organized with coffee / tea and sandwiches at a truly great venue.

This was only my second meet, but the great community was one of the most important impressions from the meet. Talked to Jude as well and he really is a very open and likable person. I felt honoured having had the opportunity and thought it is great for the community to have him as founder / supporter. Also, everyone was easy on sharing gear and it was plentiful. I brought my gear over this time and was glad I did. Enjoyed the discussions and interest.

Unfortunately, I did not get impressions on Stax gear this time. Will surely check them out on the next meet if it is there =)

Just one impression: I was surprised how well the HD 800 matches the Auditor I brought along, especially given the price. Really great.

And then I got one after finding this out...

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #101 of 134
Amen to that!!!!

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #105 of 134
Quote:
Cheers.....

Looks as though Ifi has a good audio pedigree. Might just have to buy one out of curiosity. LCD2's are missing out since selling my GS Ultra Linear.

I thought the iFi sounded great for the money but didn't pair too well with the HD700 as the treble was slightly exaggerated, which the HD700 don't need. I am not a fan of EQ or DSP but the ones on their amp was well implemented and enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back