London Calling...19th October, 2013.
May 6, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #107 of 618
It's hard to say whether I'll be free so far in advance but could you put me down and I'll let you no otherwise if I can't make it.

May 6, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #111 of 618
Quote:
If there are any other things you would like to see chaps - let me know and I'll see if it can be arranged. The music side of it, you've hopefully seen in the first post and i hope you will all enjoy that.

What would be really awesome is to have some (UK-based, but not necessarly) upstream gear producers, like Chord, Icon Audio, Naim attend. I am not sure how many had the chance to demo their products.

May 6, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #112 of 618
Or even some good budget gear. ACS could be an interesting company to hear from. As could Musical Fidelity... Not that they are particularly budget! FiiO?

May 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #117 of 618
It'd be nice if it didn't become too commercial if we were able to maintain a balance between shopping and chatting.

From what I saw at the last meet I don't think there is too much danger of us not chatting!:)
Someone has got to pay the costs of the event.
As long as there are Headfiers who are generous enough to bring their kit along and allow people to check it out we will be fine.
I think companies are more keen to establish future custom than make sales on the day and the focus of attendees is more on meeting up and swapping knowledge than buying on the day.

May 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #119 of 618
Quote:
It'd be nice if it didn't become too commercial if we were able to maintain a balance between shopping and chatting.

I share your worries! The last meet was great but there seems to be a lot more companies this time round etc

May 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #120 of 618
That's because we don't have one main sponsor due to folk saying they would rather see more companies attend, it was the only criticism that I received, so each company is paying a lot less than having just one. Most are not there to sell in any case, just show their products and let folk have a look / listen.i need to raise enough cash to pay the hotel, lunches and refreshments, unless folk are willing to pay a ticket price to cover it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back