Loki Mini Impressions
Sep 29, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #46 of 1,011
Mine just got dropped off. Wow! Is this thing small. I never could tell from the pictures. LOL. You could put 6 of these into my Jotunheim case.
Finding a spot is going to be a non event it's so tiny.
My only concern is I'm going to have to tape it or weight it down as I'm sure the weight of the RCA's will not leave it in place.
I also note that the knobs all extend out to different lengths but appear to be within say a 1/8th inch spread of each other.

Sep 29, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #48 of 1,011
The Loki works great!!!
HD800 Recessed Mids Solved: add a little midbass and mids and it's perfect!
I wanna add bass and a tad mids and a tad reducing highs. I will stick to Heron 5! :)

Sep 29, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #49 of 1,011
The Loki works great!!!
HD800 Recessed Mids Solved: add a little midbass and mids and it's perfect!
Great news. Clear?

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #50 of 1,011
schiitsystem.jpg
It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be also. But I think its a great addition to my system. I needed the control for low and high volumes, and it improved the sound of an album I have that oddly has a huge dip in the mid section.
And I'm using the Loki Mini with full size speakers., they're not just for headphones. I just wish it had more inputs.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #51 of 1,011

It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be also. But I think its a great addition to my system. I needed the control for low and high volumes, and it improved the sound of an album I have that oddly has a huge dip in the mid section.
And I'm using the Loki Mini with full size speakers., they're not just for headphones. I just wish it had more inputs.
Woah cool. So you mostly use it with loud speakers?

Sep 30, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #52 of 1,011
Woah cool. So you mostly use it with loud speakers?

Yes, they allow me the control I need for my Wharfedale Diamond 250. For loud music I can balance out the bass to prevent too much boomines, and at times when I need to listen at low volumes I can adjust the bass and mids higher to get more details. It works out fine for me. And of coarse I have headphones too.

Sep 30, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #54 of 1,011
i am waiting for loki to come to Norway, we have only one schiit distributor here, i hope they will have it soon

Man you'd think that since Schiit is using Norse (mostly Norwegian) names for their products that they'd give you guys preferential treatment...:ksc75smile:

Sep 30, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #56 of 1,011

I wish they have more inputs too. I plan to use it with spring KTE > loki > ECP DSHA-0 but since it only has rca, I might gonna use it for other amp first.

Sep 30, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #57 of 1,011
Pulled the trigger on a Loki tonight. I can always use it in my computer audio setup if it doesn’t work out for headphone use.

Oct 1, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #58 of 1,011
I've had Loki two days now, and I have to say this is exactly what I needed. I just got the Mr Speakers AEON a month ago and coming from the Oppo PM-3 I loved the detail of the AEON but I missed the bass so much. No longer! Loki mini is awesome. Stereo and sound stage sounds just as great as ever on the modi multibit, and now I have bass again. The variable Q is a very innovative approach to EQ too. on the AEON I was able to remove the inserts, and I have the 20hz knob at almost 3/4ths and the 400hz knob at about 2/3rd. Flat on the two rightmost knobs. Completely fixes the bass hole in the AEONS. I'm as happy as a pig in schiit!

Now they need to make a Tube Buffer version that matches the Bifrost line :beyersmile:

Variable Q? How does that work? I must have missed that mention in the website or earlier post.

Oct 1, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #59 of 1,011
Variable Q? How does that work? I must have missed that mention in the website or earlier post.

I think what it means is that when you increase or decrease a knob the octave around a centered frequency increases, but as you keep turning it the bandwidth narrows so that it's more focused on that centered frequency.

Oct 1, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #60 of 1,011
Mine came yesterday. My first piece of Schiit gear, btw. Bought it to tame a very bright speaker/AVR combo (yes, I'm using it with an AVR). Works as advertised with no discernible loss of sound quality. Did have to use a hole punch and some blue tape to cover up the LED. Bright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back