Loki Mini Impressions
Sep 27, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #16 of 1,011
Now a really cool product (albeit with a limited market) would be a phono stage with various EQ curves, not just RIAA. This enables early LPs to be reproduced correctly, as not all labels used RIAA. I believe Graham Slee used to make something like this (maybe they still do).

I like it! RIAA in DSP. And all others.
This ties in to my ADC directly in the cartridge - optical out/digital something out idea.

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 1,011
Sep 27, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #20 of 1,011
It's all good, placed my order yesterday afternoon.

Your order at Schiit Audio has shipped!
upload_2017-9-27_11-33-24.png

Sep 27, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #22 of 1,011
Sorry to sound stupid but I've just chanced upon this discussion. What is the Loki " maxi" gonna comprise?

No one has any idea yet (maybe not even Jason or Mike). If "mini" doesn't get the sales to show the interest / demand for such a product it won't warrant developing a more sophisticated version so there won't be a "maxi".

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #27 of 1,011
The lineup: Magni 2U + Loki Mini + Modi 2U.

I am tempted to order a Magni 3 just to get a matching finish. And a Modi Multibit while I'm at it. Because Schiit.
loki-mini-finish-800px-cr.jpg

Just kidding. They look great together in their final position. In fact I usually push them a little farther back under the shelf.
loki-mini-lineup.jpg

In addition to those very visible (and paintable) notches, the knobs have strong center detents. You will feel those.
loki-mini-knobs.jpg

Actual listening impressions will take a while. This is going to be fun.

Sep 28, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #28 of 1,011
Looks great as is. Glad to hear about the center detents, now I'm not concerned about the graphics. Mr. FedX should be here tomorrow with mine.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #29 of 1,011
So a bit of a confession here, I am a bit of a basshead. I love to have really accurate audio when listening to most genres, but nothing is quite like the awesomeness that is (good) electronic music with super heavy bass. The first thing I did when I got my Loki (about 15 minutes ago) was turn the first knob all the way up and turn on some Deadmau5 (While 1>2). Loki took a setup that is pretty darn awesome (Bifrost multibit with gen5 + Lyr2 + Audeze EL8) to pure eargasm. The clarity at even crazy EQ levels is astonishing. I'm being a bit modest with the volume on the Lyr2, but even so there is no distortion. The music is smooth as silk but with all the extra bass I love with this genre. I equate this new setup to the subwoofer I have in my car. The regular speakers are all pretty awesome (Hertz Hi Energy), but the sub just adds that extra bit of amazing to electronic (and I can turn it down with its own knob too). Adding Loki was like adding a subwoofer to my headphone system. If you are a basshead, you need this.

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #30 of 1,011
The lineup: Magni 2U + Loki Mini + Modi 2U.

In addition to those very visible (and paintable) notches, the knobs have strong center detents. You will feel those.

I really wish that they started doing knobs like this earlier. The notch on my Asgard 2 is basically impossible to see with my glasses off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back