Logitech's mice...
Oct 12, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #76 of 98
So... I need a mouse for doing 3D with my laptop in different settings... and my Razer PRO is really starting to buy me. Any suggestions?

Edit: Uagh! I just checked out this Logitech G9 thing, and THAT IS HIDEOUS! It's like watching a horror movie!

Oct 12, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #79 of 98
Anyone else find the G5 almost completely unusable due to the scroll/tilt wheel? I used it for about 6 months and couldn't get reliable middle clicks, even if I forgot about the actual middle click action and used the right/left tilt mapped to it instead (then it'd often scroll). Add that to the fact that the detents on the scroll wheel aren't actually coupled to the scroll wheel action (ie. sometimes you move one detent and it doesn't scroll, and the next detent scrolls twice) and I found this mouse extremely annoying to use. The middle button gets used a *lot* in my workflow, and to have it be so flaky and poorly designed is just unforgivable.

It's sitting in my parts bin now, replaced by a Razer that I've been very happy with. No useless tilt feature that breaks the core functionality, and it does everything else at least as well as the logitech. Cheaper too.

Oct 13, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #80 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by error401 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add that to the fact that the detents on the scroll wheel aren't actually coupled to the scroll wheel action (ie. sometimes you move one detent and it doesn't scroll, and the next detent scrolls twice)

Haha, I had this problem. Of all things it went away after a reinstall of Windows (I didn't reinstall windows to solve the problem, it was a nice side effect). Cleaning it and changing scroll from 9 to 6 to 3 lines didn't work, so I was kinda surprised when it went away after I reinstalled my OS.

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #81 of 98
Good news. I too had been running LCC 2.2.2 for the VX Nano Notebook Mouse and experiencing a wide range of problems on my macbook. Switched to Steer Mouse and eliminated the problems but lost the search button functionality as a result. Well, Logitech has finally gotten around to releasing Software Version 2.3.1 for OSX. I downloaded and installed it and everything now works as it should.

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #82 of 98
Does MX5000 Bluetooth desktop set work well with a wide range of Bluetooth stuff?

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #83 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by vaper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news. I too had been running LCC 2.2.2 for the VX Nano Notebook Mouse and experiencing a wide range of problems on my macbook. Switched to Steer Mouse and eliminated the problems but lost the search button functionality as a result. Well, Logitech has finally gotten around to releasing Software Version 2.3.1 for OSX. I downloaded and installed it and everything now works as it should.

it's funny you mention that, since just a week ago I discovered that the drivers for my vx revolution had been causing my macbook pro to kernel panic. apple actually replaced my notebook because neither one of us had been able to find out what was causing it. I uninstalled the logitech drivers, installed steermouse, and no kernel panics so far! I haven't tried 2.3.1, and I'm not really sure I want to... steermouse is working well for me so far and I kind of lost faith i logitech's drivers after 5 months of non-stop kernel panics (I estimate about 50 total).

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #84 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's funny you mention that, since just a week ago I discovered that the drivers for my vx revolution had been causing my macbook pro to kernel panic. apple actually replaced my notebook because neither one of us had been able to find out what was causing it. I uninstalled the logitech drivers, installed steermouse, and no kernel panics so far! I haven't tried 2.3.1, and I'm not really sure I want to... steermouse is working well for me so far and I kind of lost faith i logitech's drivers after 5 months of non-stop kernel panics (I estimate about 50 total).

I can fully understand where you're coming from. I've had no problems, so far, using LCC 2.3.1....5 days and counting. Give it a try, if worst comes to worst, you can always uninstall it. The main benefits over steermouse, as I see it are, the ability to use the one-touch search function, and it's free unlike steermouse which is shareware.

Oct 19, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #86 of 98
REMEMBER! THE SUMMER! IN ABBADON!
tongue.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #88 of 98
My 2nd VX mouse just crapped out on me...can't beleive that such a great mouse when working is plague by stupid dying. Frustrating because the support centre is long-distance.

Oct 20, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #89 of 98
How's the one with the nano receiver? What's the name of it, anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back