Logitech's mice...
Sep 3, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #63 of 98
yeah I couldn't wait for my copperhead rma so I picked up a 518. It is pretty slick kit.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #64 of 98
Yeah.. MX518 is my favorite mouse ever. Now that the G5 has the forward button it might be on the same level. As for the Razer mice.. wow.. least comfortable mouse I've ever used. You're just gripping a thin line that runs around the edge. On the other hand, the MX518 and all other Logitech mice with the same style are incredibly comfortable! All user preference in the end though
tongue.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #66 of 98
Well I finally RMA'd my G7.

It was pretty easy process, except having to read like 3 different numbers each for 3 different parts.

Got my new mouse in under a week.

Sadly I didn't get the same colour. But new mouse works perfect.

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #67 of 98
I wonder if it's possible to RMA the G5 to get one that has the forward button...
tongue.gif

I like the G5, but it took some time before it felt okay in my hand. It's a very tall mouse relative to most other non-Logitech mice, and I was coming from a v1 Microsoft Intellimouse with an actual ball. The Razer mice felt short enough to be comparable, but there was nowhere to grip the sides without pressing a bunch of buttons. The Revolution series of mice feel great, but of course the scroll wheel is not good for gaming. *sigh*
redface.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #68 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Razer mice felt short enough to be comparable, but there was nowhere to grip the sides without pressing a bunch of buttons.

That must be some death grip, I never really had that problem with mine, but YMMV. I'm personally enjoying my replacement for it, an OCZ Equalizer, laptop version though, so it is a bit small, bigger than most laptop mice I've used, and rather good for gaming, even though it is laser driven. I was never really impressed with the Logitechs I used, however a lot of Razer users have so many problems I can see why they go to Logitech. Mine never gave me any trouble so I stuck with it, but now it's too close to death to use for gaming.

Oct 2, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #69 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That must be some death grip, I never really had that problem with mine, but YMMV.

It's not the grip; I like to rest my fingers somewhat high on the sides of the mouse so that they don't come into contact with the mouse pad. Unfortunately, that's right where the browsing buttons are.
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #70 of 98
So, does anyone have the G9 yet? I really want it.

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #71 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by opiumden34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use an older mx510. I tried the g5, but really disliked the feel of the plastic, very slippery in my hand.

I only use the MX518 because I like the lower, 400 dps setting for .. everything. I use it for games and regular desktop stuff. They are just so comfy! I can't use anything else now.

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #72 of 98
Augh... I really miss my MX1000 when I'm using my Razer PRO...

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #73 of 98
I love my MX1000 it sucks when I'm going to have to replace it since it's hard to find now and nothing I've seen has that many buttons. As far as keyboards go as great as logitechs are nothing tops my SGI that is so heavy it feels like you could knock someone unconscious with it.

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #74 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a g9 and copper head sitting on my desk both in their boxes.

Oct 6, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #75 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have it for around 2 weeks now

I was using MX1000... to be true.. I did not experience any lag/laser overload problem as some people may have described....

I like Logitech mouse because of its comfort and button layout. (the main reason why I never got a copperhead... tried it at Frys.. don't like it)

I grab the G9 as soon as I realized it is released because my MX1000 has been kind of weird and battery life has became shorter (average 3 days of gaming and computer usage)

The grip on G9 is certainly interesting... when I just opened the box. The new body design is certainly interesting, it took me 2 days to get use to it. After that, no problem at all.

if you have ever own or see other people us the MX revolution. G9 is basically the improve version of that mice.

first of all, for me... this one is wired.. so no more oh-crap-I-forgot-to-charge-my-mouse incident during the game.
Second, the middle button is back. I mean, it is a REAL middle button now compare to the MX revolution. (the switch to free wheel is now on the bottom of the mouse.)

you can install setpoint first, set your mouse profiles (total of 5 can be store by the mouse, I only used three. Once gaming, one normal, one graphic processing.) then you may say bye bye to set point.

basically it is a very very good mouse. you should try it out if you can
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back