Logitech UE6000
Dec 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #108 of 366
Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I think it is more proper to call it white noise :) This is in fact my first pair of ANC headphone. I guess I'm just not familiar with how they sound.

I will give it some longer time of burning in, and hopefully it helps! Normally I give my equipment more time, but I got a little concerned about the ue6000 due to quite a few people stating getting a defective pair. By the way, does your new replacement pair sound muffed comparing to the burned in one?

Thanks! 

my review will b up soon for the ue 6000. its already onmy blog. N yes burn in made a big differeanc
for the passive nc mode

therevis a link to my blog in my sig btw

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #109 of 366
I've had these now for nearly a week. They were on offer at Amazon and Logitech themselves. I have been adding some thoughts on my blog http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/review-links/ and will continue over the next few weeks.

I've had loads of headphones and to be honest didn't have a high expectation for these. I'm still uncertain as to my final verdict on these, but they are comfy despite their weight. In fact they are crazy comfy and that is a huge bonus for me and one reason alone I might keep these.

I prefer using the noise cancellation switched on. But the background hiss can be annoying. This may be the reason I return them. The sound across a broad genre of music can be incredible and sometimes wrong. But the sound is always fun to listen to.

I need more time with them , but overall they are growing on me.

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #111 of 366
Hi PTom,
I used to have the HD 380, and currently own the UE6000 and K550. The UE6000 has more of a midbass bump compared to the other two, and sounds more closed in, especially compared to the K550. It is not as detailed and overall is warmer. The HD 380 is fairly neutral, and not quite as refined as the K550. For me, the UE6000 is the best for use in noisy environments due to it's noise isolation (even without the noise cancellation). It has worked best for me when traveling, and on planes. Sometimes I also bring the K550,to use once I'm at my hotel.

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #112 of 366
I own several headphone such as Focal spirit one, Beyer DT770 le, TMA-1, monster inspiration etc..but UE 6000 fits perfectly for my preference in fact this is my favorite among all. Currently, im looking to get another closed back portable headphone ... any suggestions? looking for articulate highs and heavy bass.

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #113 of 366
  I own several headphone such as Focal spirit one, Beyer DT770 le, TMA-1, monster inspiration etc..but UE 6000 fits perfectly for my preference in fact this is my favorite among all. Currently, im looking to get another closed back portable headphone ... any suggestions? looking for articulate highs and heavy bass.

Price range?

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #115 of 366
Price range $200-300.

My top recommendation in that price range for bass lovers who also want excellent overall sound and reasonably extended highs is the V-Moda M-100.  I owned the UE6000 and M-100 at the same time.  I like the UE6000, but they definitely lack treble extension compared to the M-100 and I returned the UE6000.  Also, the M-100 has a deep, punchy bass.  The UE6000 might have a touch more bass, but I thought is was a bit loose by comparison.

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #116 of 366
  My top recommendation in that price range for bass lovers who also want excellent overall sound and reasonably extended highs is the V-Moda M-100.  I owned the UE6000 and M-100 at the same time.  I like the UE6000, but they definitely lack treble extension compared to the M-100 and I returned the UE6000.  Also, the M-100 has a deep, punchy bass.  The UE6000 might have a touch more bass, but I thought is was a bit loose by comparison.

+1.

i own both the UE6000 and M-100, and love them both. as craigster said, you'll get better treble and bass extension on the M-100 (not as much bass as the UE6000 with NC turned on, but deeper and tighter).

for the money the UE6000 has been selling for recently, i think it's a no-brainer (crazy value for money)...but with a higher budget, i think the M-100 is definitely worth the money.

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #117 of 366
@ Craigster75 and caprimulgus. thanks for the advice ill consider M100 in my shortlist.

By the way, im read some rave review on older threads about the Creative aurvana live. How is the CAL compare to the UE6000?

Dec 15, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #119 of 366
Hi All,

Just got my Logitech delivered and gave it a try. Here are some of my initial findings.

1)Just out of the box this headphone SUCKS. Sound was quite bad. Veiled and no lowend and highs was non existent. Weirdmess hearing details that doesnt seem to be part of the music. Sound was quite dead and boring.  After 9 hours of playing music on it...it gets better. Esspecially the low end comes to life. Now is acceptable and can understand why people who likes bass likes the sound.

2)It's mentioned before but the cable doesnt seem to work with my Venturecraft amp. Works perfect with my iphone though. This is terrible. The bass in it just begging for some of my GD03 touch. I think it has to do with the iphone capable cable. Really a mistake of not having a normal cable included like vmoda The sound out of the amp is really low level.And when i push the volume starts to distort. Something seriusly wrong.( i think this could be problematic with other non apple products and maybe teh reason people mention the defects on the UE6000)
I tried using the extension cable of my Qjays. Also the included duo stick. Same result.

3)To be honest when using with my Iphone 3gs the sound is really impressive...so much lowend. Unamped makes your apple product sound awesome.
When i compare the HM5 to the UE6000 I can understand the meaning of seperation and soundstage. Big difference between them. Like light and day...literally. The UE6000 is dark. Sennheiser like. While the HM5 is light and airy. UE 6000 seems congested to me. Ofcourse this is just after 9 hours...hope it will improve. I miss the airness and the highend a bit.

4) The bass is not perfect like the wooduo. It goes low, but misses the slam/thump and quickness. I can understand why people call this bass lover can. Not notice bassbleed. Its bass not bloated or overbearing to mids. The vocals on male and female are good if bit warmish.Male vocals seems to shine with it.I can see why this is so popular as an all round  headphone for modern music.

5)The NC really changes the soundsignature as expected. Not only a bass boost, but the highs are pushed up noticeble. When switching it on and off...when tunrned off  it stops working, or only 1 side is working. Sent a message to UE about this. Defect or what.

6) Comfort is real nice. But the earpads a bit small. My lower earlobes rest on the earpads. What is the influence of this? No sweating. There is hardly any clamping force so I can see why people recommend this headset for larger heads.Real comfortable. But tbh the HM% is better. So sturdy...you cab even sleep in it..using it as a pillow,. lol

7) I can say right now it's the best headphone that i have for my apple products unamped.

edite 8) I have a strange issue. When i have played the last song of an album/folder on my Iphone. And i select anotehr folder or album..I don't hear any sound from the headphone. Have to remove the connector from headphone input on iphone t have it working again. Weird!! never had this happen with any headphones before. I am using it in passive mode.

Anyway that was it...if I decide to keep it...will give further review.

Hopefully you can help me with some of my issues:
the cable issue. Worth it to buy a seperate one on ebay? Are the 2$ ones any good? Asking UE if they have a normal one.
Is my UE6000 defective? Losing sound is pretty shocking. Never had that before with any of my other headphones.
Think it's better to buy a headphone that is truly over ears and fits me well.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #120 of 366
^^^ The jack has 3 "rings" (3.5mm) and the amp probably only accepts 2 ring jacks (2.5mm). You need an adapter. Plenty on amazon for cheap. The ue6000 doesn't work on my ipad 3 without an adapter.

Ps. I forget if the headphone splitter that came with the ue6000 is 2.5 or 3.5. You can try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back