Logitech UE6000
Nov 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #91 of 366
These are now 69.97 at Tiger Direct, in store and online, and if Futureshop has any left in stock, you can price match with them, so i got them for 62.98, paying a final price of 71.17 for them, talk about a bargain

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #93 of 366
i still see them as 69.97, try refreshing the page

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8588329&CatId=6240

and for the black ones :

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8588330&CatId=6240

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #96 of 366
  ah yes, canadian tiger direct, sorry for not stating it earlier, perhaps they can honor the price ? or can you order straight from the canadian td ?

Tried, they won't ship to the states. I really don't need these at all, it's just a great deal. I just got a pair of CIEMs and will be ordering HE-400s at the Black Friday price. Don't really need to buy these, too. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #97 of 366
Whoa there folks,

I was just about to checkout with that deal, but I'm not quite sure if this is a refurbished product or not.

If you look at the bottom of the page at the warranty section it says it's warrantied for 2 months by "dandh".  THere's a link to the sight as well.  What is this and why is it only warrantied for 2 months?

1. Manufactured by: Logitech
    Warranty provided by: D and H Distributing
    Limited Warranty: 2 months parts; months labor
    Mfg Part No: 982-000079
    UPC No: 097855088543
    Box Size: ( Length:10, Width:5, Depth:9)
    Shipping Weight: 2.2500 pound(s)
    Click here for full warranty and support information
  2. Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the address below and requesting the warranty for item number: DHS-102028407 TigerDirect.ca
    Warranty Information

55 East Beaver Creek Rd. Unit G
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Canada, L4B 1E5

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #99 of 366
Just got my UE6000, but I am not sure it this is a defective pair...

In passive mode, comparing to my P5, it sounded flat and muffed, sure like a cloth was put between me and the headphone. Also, there is almost no bass...  (I thought in innerfidelity, they said the ue6000s are on the bass heavy side even in passive mode?)  To be exact, it sounded like... my cheap CRT TV.

In ANC mode, it works, and like others said, both treble and bass are boosted, which is fine, as I know they should sound like this from the reviews, but when no audio is played, I can hear pretty obvious hiss.

Can anyone let me know if this is a defective pair, so thatI should get a replacement, or this is just how the ue6000 sound, and I should just return it?

Thanks.

By the way, I have tried burning it in by letting it play overnight for 2 nights w/o ANC on.

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #100 of 366
I just got mine and my initial impression is the same.  I AB-ed them with my Noontec Zoros, and the Zoros have much better sub-bass extension and treble, which isn't to say they were V-shaped (they are known as being pretty balanced EQ-wise), it just seems like the UE6000 is lacking in those areas.  Listening to some Francoise Hardy, and her voice is more airy.  Listening to some electronic music like Kraftwerk or La Roux, the Zoro had more body in the bass.  

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #101 of 366
  I just got mine and my initial impression is the same.  I AB-ed them with my Noontec Zoros, and the Zoros have much better sub-bass extension and treble, which isn't to say they were V-shaped (they are known as being pretty balanced EQ-wise), it just seems like the UE6000 is lacking in those areas.  Listening to some Francoise Hardy, and her voice is more airy.  Listening to some electronic music like Kraftwerk or La Roux, the Zoro had more body in the bass.  

see below about burn-in.
  Just got my UE6000, but I am not sure it this is a defective pair...

In passive mode, comparing to my P5, it sounded flat and muffed, sure like a cloth was put between me and the headphone. Also, there is almost no bass...  (I thought in innerfidelity, they said the ue6000s are on the bass heavy side even in passive mode?)  To be exact, it sounded like... my cheap CRT TV.

In ANC mode, it works, and like others said, both treble and bass are boosted, which is fine, as I know they should sound like this from the reviews, but when no audio is played, I can hear pretty obvious hiss.

Can anyone let me know if this is a defective pair, so thatI should get a replacement, or this is just how the ue6000 sound, and I should just return it?

Thanks.

By the way, I have tried burning it in by letting it play overnight for 2 nights w/o ANC on.

The hiss in ANC mode is part of the design. its supposed to cut out... white noise i guess you could call it? works pretty well to tune out the sound of my heater.

I know you have already mentioned trying to burn it in but i would give that some more time and see if that helps. i got a replacement pair because of a mic issue with the first pair that i bought and a/bing it with the one i had been using for a couple of weeks the burn-in difference was massive. Otherwise i'm unable to tell you if your pair is defective.

Dec 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #102 of 366

see below about burn-in.

The hiss in ANC mode is part of the design. its supposed to cut out... white noise i guess you could call it? works pretty well to tune out the sound of my heater.

I know you have already mentioned trying to burn it in but i would give that some more time and see if that helps. i got a replacement pair because of a mic issue with the first pair that i bought and a/bing it with the one i had been using for a couple of weeks the burn-in difference was massive. Otherwise i'm unable to tell you if your pair is defective.

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I think it is more proper to call it white noise :) This is in fact my first pair of ANC headphone. I guess I'm just not familiar with how they sound.

I will give it some longer time of burning in, and hopefully it helps! Normally I give my equipment more time, but I got a little concerned about the ue6000 due to quite a few people stating getting a defective pair. By the way, does your new replacement pair sound muffed comparing to the burned in one?

Thanks! 

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #103 of 366
So I too just got these pair yesterday. The first thing I did was jammed the cable in and proceeded to try it. No sound in passive mode. ruh roh! Turns out that there's no passive mode when batteries are in. That's ok. Took batts out and tried again. They sounded awful. Put the batteries in and turned on noise cancellation, they sounded decent.

Then I thought, this can't be. Most everyone says it sounds better on passive. I look at the headphones and turns out that I had it on backwards. F me. So I tried it on the right way. Super huge difference. It sounds pretty decent on passive. The thing with these headphones is you can't turn it on too loud, otherwise, the bass is gonna overwhelm everything else. Fits pretty comfortably. Took it on the train today and was decent. Easy to drive. Gonna let it burn in before making critical comments.

Moral of the story is to read the manual and put the headphones on the right way. lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back