Logitech Doesn't Support Long-term Use of the Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10 Product
Jul 24, 2012 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dcstep

100+ Head-Fier
I posted earlier that the outer molding of my 3-year old TF-10s had come unglued and then lost while traveling. I contacted Logitech customer support (they now own the universal fit part of UE and the custom fit portion is a different company) and they told me that they could not send me a replacement part or repair my IEMs. I pointed out that this was a $400 product and that their lack of support was very disturbing for what I consider to be a "high end" product. After a bunch of wrangling, they said they'd give me a 50% discount. I didn't think that was great, but I was willing to do it, but then the 50% discount EXCLUDED UE products!!! What good would that do me? I don't want a 50% discount on some crappy keyboard or computer mouse.

Anyway, they wouldn't budge. I'd recommend against buying the high end, universal fit IEMs from Logitech. They provide a two-year warranty, but have no clue about how to support their customers longer term.

Jul 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 6
They are within their rights as far as setting the warranty period. Most are one, two, an occasional 3(Hifiman). Lifetime warranty's are few and far between unfortunately.

50% off a new product is what you can get sometimes and you may have to make a fuss to get it.

The excluding of the earphones products is not acceptable. You should try to talk to someone higher up if you can. You are trying to replace your broken earphone product so a discount on non-earphone products is them giving you nothing at all. 

That 50% would be off a full price earphone anyway making the cost pretty high. If you lost just the polycarb housing and you have the drivers, send them off to be made into customs.

Jul 24, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
After a bunch of wrangling, they said they'd give me a 50% discount. I didn't think that was great, but I was willing to do it, but then the 50% discount EXCLUDED UE products!!! What good would that do me? I don't want a 50% discount on some crappy keyboard or computer mouse.

Hey, their Anywhere Mouse MX is great, cuz it works on any surface including glass tables.  It's one of my best computer gadgets :) 

Jul 24, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 6
You will not receive that same treatment from Etymotic...

You can still have a set of ER-4 series made in 1996 repaired or replaced.

Give them a shot, They just work.

Jim

PS They also have an excellent Buy-Back Program.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
They are within their rights as far as setting the warranty period. Most are one, two, an occasional 3(Hifiman). Lifetime warranty's are few and far between unfortunately.

50% off a new product is what you can get sometimes and you may have to make a fuss to get it.

The excluding of the earphones products is not acceptable. You should try to talk to someone higher up if you can. You are trying to replace your broken earphone product so a discount on non-earphone products is them giving you nothing at all. 

That 50% would be off a full price earphone anyway making the cost pretty high. If you lost just the polycarb housing and you have the drivers, send them off to be made into customs.

Yes, I wasn't expecting warranty service, only repair support. Products this expensive should be supported after warranty. They're still selling these, but haven't bothered to set up any support at all.

Good idea about having them made into customs. I hadn't thought of that.

I did elevate my complaint to Level-2 and now I'm running into resistance about taking it to a higher level.

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 6
Hope it works out! Soon you'll be able to buy another pair for $99 which is most likely less than they would charge you. If they even do change the offer to include earphone products that is. At least you have a couple of options and aren't stuck.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back