Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 19, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #3,541 of 3,902
I was able to return my LW to the CA office and they sent my refund check today... so all is OK...
My issue was my right ear did not fit.. no seal.. and im a bass player so that did not work well.. then the obvious CA reason which i am not going to go into again...
But after the mess i did get a refund and im thankful for that.

May 22, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #3,542 of 3,902
OK, that's it, I'm upgrading my office/subway rig ... thanks guys, my wallet and my wife (not in that order) are going to complain again!

I'm going to get the LW (rather the Fidelity Custom Duals, I definitely don't want to deal with the CA office after all I've been reading here) and may also get the Nuforce Icon Mobile since I need to replace my cheap USB/DAC at the office.

2 questions before I actually send the order in:
- I'm tempted to go for the clear shells for my FCDuals, but I wonder if they're going to change color over time and especially exposure to ear wax ... any feedback?
- I was wondering if an amp will really make a difference for the FCD since they're so sensitive (the Nuforce comes with an amp as well as a DAC so it's "free" so to speak but I would have even more reasons to get it if I knew the FCD were going to sound way better with it)

Cheers.

May 26, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #3,544 of 3,902
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

May 26, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #3,545 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by vii_haven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just so you know, my Fidelity Triples have just arrived and in short, its Livewires on STERIODS! Give me a week or two before I write a review about them.

My old Livewires review can be found here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rev...m2-es2-244960/

a week or 2?
frown.gif
guess ill just have to be patient. looking forward to your impressions.

May 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #3,546 of 3,902
From mylivewires (CA)

Quote:

Rock Star Quality, Garage Band Price!

NEW LiveWire Trips!
Triple driver technology - thundering bass, crystal clear highs!

We've taken the latest technology and created the best sounding ears for the price - anywhere! We are very excited to be able to offer our new "Trips" - available now!
LiveWires mission, from the start, has been to offer custom fit in-ears at pricing that is affordable for anyone looking for a great sounding set of earphones at a great price.

LiveWires are built with the highest quality balanced armature drivers on the planet from Knowles Acoustics.

Noise cancelling you say? Every major headphone manufacturer is touting some version of noise cancelling headphone. We are forced to ask; “why is the noise getting in there in the first place?" By capturing the dimensions of the external ear and ear canal, we create extremely effective and natural noise cancellation.

Heard that john diles will be down during canjam, lets see if anything improves

May 26, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #3,548 of 3,902
oh ya i placed an order for the trips approx 2 weeks ago. lead in time estimated to be 6 weeks including shipping both ways.

May 26, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #3,549 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUNDinterpreter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just noticed that Mylivewires.com (CA office) now list the Livewires Trips on their website priced at $349 making them $30 cheaper than the Fidelity Triples.

edit: B[van], you beat me to it :p

hahaha. i saw the news earlier and i've only just finished reading the thread. so i thought i would share it here

May 26, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #3,550 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by B[van] /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh ya i placed an order for the trips approx 2 weeks ago. lead in time estimated to be 6 weeks including shipping both ways.

nice! and when you say "trips" you mean the livewire trips (CA office), am i right?

May 26, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #3,551 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUNDinterpreter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice! and when you say "trips" you mean the livewire trips (CA office), am i right?

yup the ca one. the local headphone shop i frequent orders from the CA branch

May 26, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #3,553 of 3,902
I sure hope the triples sound better than my Freq Show Music Maker triples. Those Freq have been a disappointment compared to my Livewires, Custom SE530 in Livewires shell or Westone ES3X...

May 27, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #3,554 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sure hope the triples sound better than my Freq Show Music Maker triples. Those Freq have been a disappointment compared to my Livewires, Custom SE530 in Livewires shell or Westone ES3X...

That's the problem with customs, eh? It'll be hard to find someone who can compare the Triples with the ES3X -- or, to consider items of a similar cost, the Triples with the C3 and the UE4 pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back