Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jun 4, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #3,571 of 3,902
My Livewires got shipped today...can't wait!!!

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #3,573 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have that darned steven kelby cable that I originally bought for the livewires which I ended up not getting if anybody is interested in them let me know.

Not a darned cable - mine is a definite upgrade over the stock cable and anyone with a LW should jump on it...
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #3,574 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone experience this problem? My silver cables start to turn slightly blue for no reason, as if it's oxidising. I usually keep them in a case after use, and wipe the wires and the molds every few days with alcoholic wipes.

Anyone know why?

Some cables just oxidize if they are not air-tight.

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #3,575 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Met John Diles at CanJam, and they seem to have everything up and running full steam again. I hope it works out well for them.

Seems like there's a good number of users at the Jaben forums that are getting LiveWires Trips (Jaben sources their "LiveWires-type" customs from EarPeace instead of Fidelity), and their reputation does not seem to be tarnished at all over there.

I still wonder if the triple driver customs from LiveWires and Fidelity have the exact same specifications (drivers/crossover) or not. I guess we'll never know.
confused_face.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #3,578 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok here's a picture.. Is it possible to exchange for a new one?

20090605-7nf4bj4h6rtic7ag1i7c72kg4.jpg

I would certainly contact them and see what they will do for you. If it is over a year old you may have to pay $30-40.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure that SK cable is out of my price range, but how much?

I tried one of his cables, wasn't keen on it's warm sound. He had two on the way to me from another Head-fi'er that he said he knew I would like, but they went missing it seems
frown.gif
- Never heard any more from Steve about it. He's a busy guy
frown.gif

I think they are under $150 for silver plated copper, about $250 for Jenna Labs cryo, and about $550 for Piccolino cable. I don't know how much for the Cardas 33g silver. I posted my impressions of the cables in here or in Frederick S's thread about them, all are an upgrade over the stock cable, with the SPC being the best bang for the buck with more micro-detail and transparency. If I was going to spend $550 on a piccolino cable it made more sense for my HD600 (or HD800), as the Piccolino cable made a single ended amp sound like my balanced amp with APS V3 cable.

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #3,580 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it is darned because I bought it before getting the product to use it with XD it was $120 new and I would be happy to sell it for 60 + shipping brand new condition never used it once lol

You could easily get $100 for a used stevenkelby SPC Livewires cable - it is worth more than that just for the sound, regardless of new. I have one and LOVE it.

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #3,581 of 3,902
HeadphoneAddict;5740052 said:
I would certainly contact them and see what they will do for you. If it is over a year old you may have to pay $30-40.

I called up Jaben (Singapore), they say its normal for all clear cables to oxidise. Mine is only less than a month old, is it normal?

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #3,582 of 3,902
hyperous;5741629 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I called up Jaben (Singapore), they say its normal for all clear cables to oxidise. Mine is only less than a month old, is it normal?

My understanding is they do eventually oxidize, often times. I just don't know if they should do it that soon. My ES3X clear cable from Feb 2009 is not oxidized, but our Super.fi 5 Pro cable started to do that after only 4 months before I sold them. Maybe others have more experience with them than me, but my LW cables are not clear - so they could oxidize and I wouldn't know it.

Jun 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #3,583 of 3,902
I know that all phones benefit from "burn-in", but how significant is the improvement with Livewires (Fidelity Duals)? I recieved my pair today, and although I only gave them a quick listen, I am not impressed at all with their sound. Bass is seriously lacking and the highs are very harsh. They don't have "big" sound, if that makes any sense. I don't know how else to describe it.

Jun 6, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #3,584 of 3,902
These things need to be warmed up for at least 15-20 minutes to start sounding OK. And then you have to make sure you have them installed correctly. Takes a few tries. To me these take about 100 hours to burn in.

Jun 6, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #3,585 of 3,902
BIG POPPA you have livewires? Were your impressions free or pretty cheap, if so where did you go? Weird I didnt think BAs burned in but that would explain why I can stand using grey filters on my phonak now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back