Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 12, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #2,311 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just got my livewires guys. Ok at low volumes, it only plays in the right, and then when you slowly turn it up it starts to blend with the left. Is this normal? These still aren't giving me the bass that I am looking for. I don't know what to do. THeir isn't much more that I can do. My futuresonic Atrio m8's sounded better
frown.gif

they do sound good at high volumes, but I don't want to listen that loud. Very crisp.. Maybe I need to give them some time.

somehow it still feels as if the sound is congested in a way.. its weird.

That sucks. Um, in regard to what I bolded in your quote, if anything the cause of that is your source. At least, that's what my old amp used to do to my 'phones.

May 12, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #2,312 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sucks. Um, in regard to what I bolded in your quote, if anything the cause of that is your source. At least, that's what my old amp used to do to my 'phones.

well im using an ibasso d2 and an LOD and everything was plugged in fine. i tested it with my ultrasones and it was fine..
frown.gif

May 12, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #2,313 of 3,902
Quote:

well im using an ibasso d2 and an LOD and everything was plugged in fine. i tested it with my ultrasones and it was fine..
frown.gif

Have you tried other sources, with and without the amp? What combinations have you tried so far?

Will

May 12, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #2,314 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried other sources, with and without the amp? What combinations have you tried so far?

Will

no. i'll have to try with my laptop then... I don't know if the sound of these iem's are right for me. I really like the ultrasone soundd.
frown.gif
I don't know what to do. I will have to give them more listening time before I decide though. I would feel bad because I spent $50 on impressions.
frown.gif

May 12, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #2,315 of 3,902
Yes, try them with several sources, and no matter what you end up doing, wait for "several days". Don't dismiss them right away - given them a chance for several days. If after 5-7 days you have not gotten used to wearing them and do not like the sound signature, "then" contact LW's to see what can be done. Until then, relax as much as possible, and try to use them, 1-2 hours at a time - don't over do it.

Please keep us posted
wink.gif

Will

May 12, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #2,316 of 3,902
Llivewires do need to break in a bit. They need at least 200 hours or so. They will sound thin until then. I've had them almost a year or so.. These IEM's are awesome for the price.

May 12, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #2,318 of 3,902
Quote:

i just got my livewires guys. Ok at low volumes, it only plays in the right, and then when you slowly turn it up it starts to blend with the left. Is this normal? These still aren't giving me the bass that I am looking for. I don't know what to do. THeir isn't much more that I can do. My futuresonic Atrio m8's sounded better
frown.gif

they do sound good at high volumes, but I don't want to listen that loud. Very crisp.. Maybe I need to give them some time.

Hey Elluzion, the volume imbalance issue you're referring to is caused by the D2. Some volume pots, especially potentiometer-types, don't do well at low volumes. It's nothing wrong with your LiveWires.

Also, if you're coming from full-sized headphones, you'll notice that IEMs sound more congested, but it's a sound that you'll probably get used to after listening a while. I didn't used to like it much, but after a while, it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside
biggrin.gif

You must be a basshead, so you should give the LW some time. I sure didn't like the SF5 at first but loved it until I got my FreQs hehe.

May 12, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #2,320 of 3,902
The Drivers. I know, I know what you are thinking! These do NEED to break in.

May 12, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #2,321 of 3,902
^well I don't want to "count" on "break in" to change the sound of the livewires. As i have read about armature drivers and break in that it is minimal. I am sure they settle a bit, but again I can't count on that... I will give them a 1 hour listen a day for a week or so and report in to give you guys updates on the sound and if it feels the same or not.

I am a semi bass head, I like clear crisp bass that isn't too strong. but more controlled.. bass justmakes some songs....

May 12, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #2,323 of 3,902
Quote:

frown.gif

Ok, "they do sound good at high volumes"!?!

You have to slowly adjust until you have a full sound. Livewires have more than enough bass!

Livewires are open and neutral, I would check out your source for problems.

May 12, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #2,324 of 3,902
Quote:

I am a semi bass head, I like clear crisp bass that isn't too strong. but more controlled.. bass justmakes some songs....

Livewires bass is excellent.

You have to find the sweet spot with volume, possibly EQ, and source. That takes time to find, and it's early days yet.

Livewires will give what you feed it. Garbage in garbage out. Get it right and these babies will sing.

May 12, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #2,325 of 3,902
Quote:

frown.gif

The channel imbalance is caused by your amp volume knob at the very low reaches of volume - almost every one of my small portable amps does that, except my Predator has the least imbalance down low because low gain is 1:1 gain.

The D2 plays pretty loud in low gain, as does the Pico, and so until I get to be fairly loud I can hear one channel louder than the other (usually balanced by volume at 9 o'clock where 0 volume is 7 o'clock). This is why I invested in a few Shure volume attenuators to keep with my portable amps. A small 3-4mm rotation of the Shure volume control will bring the efficiency of the LW down enough to both eliminate hiss with most sources, and to allow the amp volume knob to get above the imbalanced range.

I don't know about the rest of the sound, but if it doesn't change in the first 24-48 hours it probably wont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back