Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 11, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #2,296 of 3,902
when i get home today my cable should be in the mail and I will have to try out the livewires and see if I like the soundd. I am starting to regret customs because what if my ears grow. I am still pretty young. I don't know.

May 11, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #2,297 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when i get home today my cable should be in the mail and I will have to try out the livewires and see if I like the soundd. I am starting to regret customs because what if my ears grow. I am still pretty young. I don't know.

Dude - no worries. You don't know if they will change or not - too many things in life are unknown, and if you worry about them, you never enjoy life. Enjoy them now, for as long as you can - in the future, you will be able to get something else, probably better anyway
wink.gif

Will

May 11, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #2,299 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, livewires, or freq show. I wish someone could do a comparison

Although I've been tempted to the FreQ side many times, it is the testimony that Livewires sound like Grados that keeps me coming back to read this thread.
tongue.gif

May 11, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #2,300 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, livewires, or freq show. I wish someone could do a comparison

Not sure about comparisons, but by the ratio of people satisfied to unsatisfied with their FreQs compared to the LiveWires, I would recommend the FreQs by sheer probability you won't have problems
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: If you ask me for proof, I don't have it. It's just that the many times I've come into this thread, people are talking about negatives about the process, their fit, shipment, wait time, etc. Sure, you may love the LWs, but at this point, the wait time is very long, and chances are, you're going to have fit problems like a lot of people in this thread = more waiting.

May 11, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #2,301 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Grasshopper,

You are young, with many journeys to make. If you worry about the path, you will never reach your destination.

Enjoy the moment, and let tomorrow worry about itself.

Follow the path of least resistance, and Livewires will guide you.

YourKungFuisStrong.jpg

May 11, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #2,302 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure about comparisons, but by the ratio of people satisfied to unsatisfied with their FreQs compared to the LiveWires, I would recommend the FreQs by sheer probability you won't have problems
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: If you ask me for proof, I don't have it. It's just that the many times I've come into this thread, people are talking about negatives about the process, their fit, shipment, wait time, etc. Sure, you may love the LWs, but at this point, the wait time is very long, and chances are, you're going to have fit problems like a lot of people in this thread = more waiting.

As biased as you are towards the FreQ side (don't deny it
wink.gif
), those concerns have also been mine. I mean, FreQ went to CanJam and did all this great stuff...and meanwhile on the Livewire side, customer service seems to have decreased to a point where nobody seems to be getting any reply from them.

May 11, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #2,303 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds to me FreQs are having problems, if you have to come here!
rolleyes.gif

May 11, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #2,305 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As biased as you are towards the FreQ side (don't deny it
wink.gif
), those concerns have also been mine. I mean, FreQ went to CanJam and did all this great stuff...and meanwhile on the Livewire side, customer service seems to have decreased to a point where nobody seems to be getting any reply from them.

Have you heard of anyone not getting their Livewires after ordering in this thread? Earpeace don't spend their time sending countless emails.

They make brilliant customs, and they make sure the customer is as happy they can be with the end result. All that is required is patience.

The wait is well worth it.
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #2,306 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I mean, FreQ went to CanJam and did all this great stuff...

Shows who has most work to get done, and who has time (and doesnt) to travel to Florida for the weekend
rolleyes.gif

I speak to John quite a bit when he is free, and you would not believe how extremley busy they are.

May 11, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #2,307 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds to me FreQs are having problems, if you have to come here!
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule
As biased as you are towards the FreQ side (don't deny it ), those concerns have also been mine. I mean, FreQ went to CanJam and did all this great stuff...and meanwhile on the Livewire side, customer service seems to have decreased to a point where nobody seems to be getting any reply from them.

I don't think I am biased toward the FreQ (although I am a fanboy because the customer service has done things far beyond their call of service). If you look at my posts in this thread, they have never been negative. The number of LiveWire people going into the FreQ thread to spout negative comments far outweighs the number of FreQ people posting in this thread. I've only tried to give advice and pointed out possible problems that are based on observation. If you (MarchingMule) agree with me, then my observations aren't because I'm a FreQ fanboy. Every time I see something negative about the FreQ or any product I own, I say it.

The FreQ company has stepped up to the plate numerous times over the last few months. Their customer service is still top notch; their product has evolved faster than any other. They have been responsive to the community. Even though they have gotten more customers, their service is still relatively quick.

I don't know if these things apply to the LiveWires. Sure, their product is on American Idol, which is nice
biggrin.gif
Personally, without trying the Music Makers, I think I would prefer the sound signature of LiveWires because they are more neutral as described by people in this thread. If people are willing to wait for this sound signature, then that's great.

May 11, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #2,308 of 3,902
Seems I typed too soon. I'm just saying that Livewires has been staying in the shadows lately, while the FreQs have been going the way of UE.
wink.gif

May 11, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #2,309 of 3,902
With the build and sound quality of Livewires, they don't have a thing to worry about.

CheapCustom.jpg

May 12, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #2,310 of 3,902
i just got my livewires guys. Ok at low volumes, it only plays in the right, and then when you slowly turn it up it starts to blend with the left. Is this normal? These still aren't giving me the bass that I am looking for. I don't know what to do. THeir isn't much more that I can do. My futuresonic Atrio m8's sounded better
frown.gif

they do sound good at high volumes, but I don't want to listen that loud. Very crisp.. Maybe I need to give them some time.

somehow it still feels as if the sound is congested in a way.. its weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back