Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 13, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #2,341 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With all these re-fits, I'm thinking of going back to old stomping grounds: ER4S with a new portable amp.
wink.gif

ye im kinda leanin towards sumthin like that... it is so hard to get the right fit and you never know if its good or perfect.... idk.. err im kinda in a bad financial place right now so I might have to just keep my ultrasones and let go of the livewires. i dont know!!

May 13, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #2,342 of 3,902
yeah i am glad i kepy my ER4P i can always trust great isolation and fantastic sound will be there for me.

livewires however, sigh! ive spent too much in postage costs than anything, argh, but so close to the perfection!

May 13, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #2,343 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah i am glad i kepy my ER4P i can always trust great isolation and fantastic sound will be there for me.

livewires however, sigh! ive spent too much in postage costs than anything, argh, but so close to the perfection!

Yar, every Head-Fi member should own at least the ER4P, if not the ER4S.
tongue.gif

In the meantime, I've thrown myself for an awkward loop and I'm now hunting down Shure E500/SE530 models in the FS forums. Who knows, maybe I'll like them the second time around.
cool.gif

May 13, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #2,344 of 3,902
im considering gettn UM1s, of all the IEMs I have had, i really like them as a backup, either that or SF5.

My aim is having what I call 'the drunk earphone' which is the one i take out when i go out, and i can use on my way home drunk! lol!

May 13, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #2,345 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im considering gettn UM1s, of all the IEMs I have had, i really like them as a backup, either that or SF5.

My aim is having what I call 'the drunk earphone' which is the one i take out when i go out, and i can use on my way home drunk! lol!

LOL! But...then you won't be able to hear the muggers coming up behind you.
frown.gif

May 13, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #2,346 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! But...then you won't be able to hear the muggers coming up behind you.
frown.gif

pwned by isolation lol.....

Yeah well i want an Iem and a full size can. I have the ultrasones, i wnt the livewires to work, but in my financial state it just might not. I have to save for college, and i have already spent too much on this hobby. more of a wallet raper lol, but yeah i guess its a hobby.

:X

May 13, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #2,347 of 3,902
I know LiveWires sound fantastic, cause when I can get a brief good seal (pretyt much involves me pressin in on the LiveWires for about 30 seconds to stay in my ear) they sound really great!

I am impressed by the sound no doubt the best if I can say without getting slammed on!

May 13, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #2,348 of 3,902
FMT,

At least you've gotten to hear and savour it for that few seconds they stayed in your ears, I'm still waiting for mine.
smily_headphones1.gif
It's been 5 weeks and counting, but I'm not complaining, just patiently waiting...

In the meantime, I've gotten out there and bought myself the Shure SE530, which should keep me happy for a while...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #2,349 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, a redip.

It's strange, though, that it's still like this after so much effort. (and, no doubt, frustrating for you
mad.gif
).

If a redip doesn't work I think Aussie HeadFi-ers will have to pass the hat around and send both your Livewires and you over to John Diles to get it right.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm in!

May 13, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #2,350 of 3,902
Thanks HPA! Really appreciate that, I looked at my PayPal and I'm like who sent me money, then I saw your message
smily_headphones1.gif

Really appreciated, will consult with Art at LiveWires and go forth and organise to send them back
smily_headphones1.gif

Again, very very greatfully appreciated for the help toward shipping them back
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #2,351 of 3,902
I like the idea of a custom and the price is definitely reachable in the Freqs and Livewires. but honestly I've never heard of refit problems from UE or Westone for their customs like these 2 new players. So much so that its probably slowing production for new users with all of the refits that keep getting sent back. A month long wait is just unreasonable in my opinion.

I was thinking of upgrading to SE530 from my UM2 but it seems that there isn't much of a leap in sound quantity. Who knows.

May 13, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #2,353 of 3,902
My LW's came in but didn't have any low frq. If I listen to a song with any bass everything distorts. I listened to a rap song at a barely audible volume and wasn't able to hear anything other than distortion and a word every now and then. I assume my low drivers are faulty. I don't like a ton of bass but this is a situation where I can't hear anything but distortion.

I sent them back and they said that nothing was wrong with them and said they will talk about it and see about sending them back. They assumed I didn't have them in right, even though they put them in my ears (I live in Nashville). I sent them pictures and confirmed that they are in right. They still acted like they didn't really want to do anything about it. I had to talk him into sending them back. This is obviously not John Diles that I am working with. John Diles is a customer service pro.

I've never heard of the Freq Shows but I'm very interested. Can anyone point me towards where to get some.

May 13, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #2,354 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by freedommedia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My LW's came in but didn't have any low frq. If I listen to a song with any bass everything distorts. I listened to a rap song at a barely audible volume and wasn't able to hear anything other than distortion and a word every now and then. I assume my low drivers are faulty. I don't like a ton of bass but this is a situation where I can't hear anything but distortion.

I sent them back and they said that nothing was wrong with them and said they will talk about it and see about sending them back. They assumed I didn't have them in right, even though they put them in my ears (I live in Nashville). I sent them pictures and confirmed that they are in right. They still acted like they didn't really want to do anything about it. I had to talk him into sending them back. This is obviously not John Diles that I am working with. John Diles is a customer service pro.

I've never heard of the Freq Shows but I'm very interested. Can anyone point me towards where to get some.

Strange.. I hope it works out for you. Get in touch with Diles, since as you point out he is a customer service pro
smily_headphones1.gif

FreQ:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/fre...adface-283673/
Feel free to compare, there is a lot of info in there. (I'm undecided at least)

May 13, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #2,355 of 3,902
Well, in other news I am moving into the final stages of purchasing a Shure SE530. Should be interesting, especially after hearing the constant battle between the triple.fi and the SE530 camps.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back