Livewires - California Dreamin'
Mar 17, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #1,126 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To all LiveWires' owners outside USA who payed with credit card:

How safe is the payment and what ensures its safety? Is it only a matter of trust, a gentlemen's agreement between me and LiveWires that they won't use the information about the credit card for anything else but my purchase? At least in Poland it is not customary for a company to ask about details of a credit card, which would then be travelling half the world in a package, which might get lost or opened by a wrong person.

I already emailed John asking this question, but since he's away, it will take a lot of time before I get my response (based on how long it takes him to respond when he's not away).

Best to email the company for this answer, but have you taken a look at the order form? There's more than one way to make a payment. You could phone through your details, or you could pay via PayPal for example.

There are others in the company, apart from John, who will be able to answer your question more fully for peace of mind.

Mar 17, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #1,127 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get my impressions done tomorrow. I will be a Livewires owner soon.

Congrats!

Mar 17, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #1,128 of 3,902
I find out tomorrow evening when my Lw's will arrive. Hopefully before the 3rd. Must be!

4 weeks from them recieveing the impressions is the 25th so 3rd is giving it way long enough i think.

I am borrowing a Tomahawk, but if the man recieves his supermini in time, the Supermacro!

Cant wait to try it with my lossy files and get a conclusion to whether an amp will improve them or not, and to hear lossless amped and with high quality earphones.

I couldnt tell the difference between 128k mp3 and flac with er6i's, so maybe with them amped, or the livewires, amped and unamped. We will see.

Will be uploading my review with pics too on my return, and my tests outcomes!

I also found a nice size shoulder bag perfect for a player and amp, cam mem sticks and batts, and earphones. Cam around my neck i think, dont wanna lug 2 bags!

Matt

Mar 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #1,129 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kosmic, the TF10s were an impulse buy, just cause they were at an affordable price.

My ideal end was having: 1x custom (LW), 1x top high end (TF10), 1x medium iem (SF5), 1x detailed iem (ER4), 1x open headphone (SR80), 1x bud (PK1), 1x clipon (KSC75)

I have that, and I am going to be patient and persevere with the LWs, I know they will work for me somehow!

I am sorry you had these problems with your LW - I can only imagine your frustration since you and I have similar taste. I like my TF10's the most, but also have the SF5 Pro's. My latest is the SuperFreQs that I ordered last week, so like you, I will be using my TF10's (with custom tips) as my "reference" as to me they sound perfect.

Keep us posted and please do show pictures once you have a chance. I am also wondering if the sanding marks can easily be buffed out?

Will

Mar 17, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #1,131 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by matias m. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wowww thatss realy bad ....
I can´t listen 128k in livewires ....sound real Bad ...reveals all

I know what you mean. With the TF10's and my mini^3, I can easily tell the 320K MP3's from the FLAC files in my Cowon iAudio7. At least for me the FLAC files have more defined and clearer mid to higher frequencies. Once you get used to the higher SQ of the FLAC files, anything less than 192K MP3 sounds just plain bad!

Will

Mar 17, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #1,132 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep us posted and please do show pictures once you have a chance. I am also wondering if the sanding marks can easily be buffed out?

Will

I found some good info on polishing Acrylic. I'm sure FMT LW's could be polished out to shine like a new penny.

Scratch Removal: In the event that, after taking meticulous steps to prevent it, your fine piece of acrylic becomes scratched, HAVE NO FEAR. Fine scratches can be removed with a mild abrasive polish such as Novus #2, or Novus #3. Heavier scratches, such that you can feel with your fingernail, will require some elbow effort to remove with a bit of sanding and buffing. A series of grits (100,120, 220, 400, 600) followed by a buffing wheel and available buffing compound, will restore the luster of your acrylic!

Polishing
Final polishing will give acrylic a high luster. Power-driven buffing tools are recommended without exception. Buffing wheels are available as attachments for electric drills.

A good buffing wheel for acrylic consists of layers of 3/16" carbonized felt, or layers of unbleached muslin laid together to form a wheel. Solidly stitched wheels should be avoided.

The wheel should reach a surface speed of at least 1200 feet per minute. Speeds of up to 4000 feet per minute are useful for acrylic.

Acrylic should be polished using a commercial buffing compound of the type used for silver or brass, or you can use a non- silicone car polish that has no cleaning solvents in it.

First, however, tallow should be applied to the wheel as a base for the buffing compound. Just touch the tallow stick to the spinning wheel, and then quickly apply the buffing compound.

To polish, move the piece back and forth across the buffing wheel. Be careful not to apply too much pressure. Keep the work constantly moving to prevent heat buildup.

Mar 17, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #1,133 of 3,902
I don't really feel comfortable myself doing any of this sanding stuff on such expensive items, but thanks for the info
smily_headphones1.gif

I was using my LWs all morning, but wasn't too happy with the piercing highs still, then put my TF10s on, and my face just lit up
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, waiting on a reply from LW team to see what's wrong with mine, might have to cut my losses and recoup the $249 back.

Mar 18, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #1,134 of 3,902
Quote:

I don't really feel comfortable myself doing any of this sanding stuff on such expensive items, but thanks for the info
smily_headphones1.gif

I was using my LWs all morning, but wasn't too happy with the piercing highs still, then put my TF10s on, and my face just lit up
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, waiting on a reply from LW team to see what's wrong with mine, might have to cut my losses and recoup the $249 back.

Hi chief. I do have the Triple-fi's and the LWs. As you know, the TFs have a lot of bass. I don't miss any bass when using the LWs. Regarding the treble in the TF, the highs are there but they are diminished by the low frequencies. With the LW, the treble can be heard as they were supposed to be.

I think, you should seek in the source, the impressions. I believe, for some reason your impressions are not well done. If this is wrong, the whole thing is wrong. Since, you are hearing a lot of treble, right there that's the first sign that you are not getting a good seal.

I hear bass, mids and treble at a very balanced levels. Because of this, I prefer the LWs. Your TFs sound better to you, because you are getting a good seal with them. Doesnt matter how many times you send your LW to them. They wont fix it, if your impressions are not right.

Remember, with all IEMs, it's all about the seal.

TURBO

Mar 18, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #1,136 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathane40 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, i am between getting the livewires or the etys 4p. Do any of you know how they compare in terms of isolation? In sound it seems that they are sort of similar right?
Thanks,
jon

Hi Jon. I also have the 4ps. In isolation, hands down the 4p, but in sound quality and fit, hands down the LW's. With the LW, no ear pressure, comfortable, beautiful balanced sound and replaceable wires, what more in heaven you will ever want?. Hands down, the LWs, period.

The 4P are called the ears violators, and is not because they are gentle on your ear. You will need to get a very extremely good seal to get the bass to kick in. With the LWs, they just slide on your ears, very comfortably, like any custom IEM's

TURBO

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #1,139 of 3,902
Man, why didn't they just have you send in new impressions to begin with...it seems like it would be too difficult to modify the ear pieces just by sanding down itself... I mean there could be areas where you need to sand, some areas where it needs to be built up. How is the fit?

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #1,140 of 3,902
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

I can totally understand you not being comfortable with doing the polishing yourself. But I was interested in the fact that it could be done with pleasing results. I would have thought that LiveWires should have buffed them smooth before they sent them back. Oh Well.......

I had the same problem with the highs as you my first go with my clear LW's. The seal was not quite right. Sent new impressions done with the UE specs. and the second set fit great. The second set has plenty of bass but lost some of the highs I had in the first pair. I would like those highs back, now that the bass is kicking. Hopefully the lab will get Frequency right this time along with the balanced ohms. Notice that I said "LAB" as John Diles really has nothing to do with the technical end of this process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back