Livewires - California Dreamin'
Mar 18, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #1,157 of 3,902
I will experiment today with the following sources:

iPod 6gen Headphone Out and amped
iPod Nano 3rd Gen Headphone Out and amped
iPod 5.5gen Headphone Out and amped
HP Pavilion dv2637tx Laptop

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #1,158 of 3,902
Yay, my Livewires are going to be sent out on Thursday. US Post Office EMI. How long do you think this will take? US --> UK.

Supermacro (On-loan) and interconnect is being shipped next tuesday,Another 4 rechargable batteries for the supermacro, to add to my 4 are being shipped out tomorrow,and last of all im being sent out on the 4th to France for a week, then a week of school after that!

Looking foward to doing my experiments with amps and lossy and lossless etc. Oh, and hearing the livewires!

Matt

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #1,159 of 3,902
1 week if you're lucky.
3-4 weeks if you have bad luck.
2 weeks on average I'd say.

Probably the latter, since many EU people are purchasing things from the US with the weak dollar, many packages that have to go through customs are delayed.

Into foreign customs <-- learn to dread these 3 words.
frown.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #1,162 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i think you will be dissappointed when you keep seeing pictures of Livewires and their build quality, and will buy a pair anyway, so save money now, after all, its only $70, instead of $250 at a later date.

Although freqs will be in your mind constantly :p

Anway, im lucky, i dont have to have this trouble!

if i buy FreQ's, livewires will be in my mind, if I buy livewires, FreQ's wont be in my mind as bad I don't think.....

I think im going livewires. ?!!?!?!? i think. I'm waiting for John to get back to me.

are the highs really shhrillll on these????

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #1,163 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the highs really shhrillll on these????

Not on mine, to my ears. If anything, i'd be happy with a little more sparkle in the highs, but then i'm a Grado fanboy.

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #1,164 of 3,902
Just ordered my livewires, i called my cc info in i will send my impressions tommorow.

im getting blue/red with black outer
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #1,166 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered my livewires, i called my cc info in i will send my impressions tommorow.

im getting blue/red with black outer
biggrin.gif

Haha Elluzion...I thought you were a freq lover/livewire hater for sure haha. Congrats, I hope it meets all your expectations and then some.

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #1,167 of 3,902
i can't wait to get these. 3 weeks is a while to wait... i can manage though...

Thanks a lot kosmic, look what you did to my wallet lol....
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #1,168 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha Elluzion...I thought you were a freq lover/livewire hater for sure haha. Congrats, I hope it meets all your expectations and then some.

im pretty sure no one "loves freqs" and no one "hates livewires"

i for sure would go livewires because of their reputation, but because of their price and freq is a new company, i decided to try out something different.

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #1,169 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im pretty sure no one "loves freqs" and no one "hates livewires"

i for sure would go livewires because of their reputation, but because of their price and freq is a new company, i decided to try out something different.

I wasn't speaking in the literal sense but you'd be surprised at what floats around on the threads; it goes both ways...but that is just what happens with competing teams.
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #1,170 of 3,902
I'm getting impressions tommorrow. =]
im so excited.
Im gonna use the UE instructions.
bite block etc.
I think im gonna go blue black or red black.

edit:by the way FeedMeTrance im sorry your having such a rough time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back