Livewires - California Dreamin'
Mar 18, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #1,141 of 3,902
Kinda hard to appreciate from the pictures, but to me (again, not having them in front of me) they do not look "horrible". I would worry first about fit/seal, and then looks - you can always improve the looks by light polishing
wink.gif

That being said, I am somewhat worried that the sound/balance of the LW's as compared to the TF10's is not to your liking. It does not mater how good the LW's fit/look - if they don't sound "right" to you, then maybe you need to try something else then? Or is this no longer an issue?

By the way, if you are not getting the "perfect" seal, my audiologist recommended:
- a small amount of baby oil in the outer part
- a product called OTO-EASE (which is what I have). Not only improves the seal, but makes inserting and removing these custom IEM's (custom tips for the TF10 in my case) very easy!

Will

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #1,142 of 3,902
baby oil eh, i shall try.

im preparing myself to either - get refund, or get new impressions and try again, either that, or just deal with it. although, I am starting to work on the fit part, and just trying it with different cables, the modded cable, without that long plastic and paperclip makes it easier and less painful. using a ety p-s adapter, seems a tad bit more acceptable on the harsh highs, but some songs still hurt me, especially that of The Killers, who on my er4 sound great!

soundwise, its still the harsh highs, i remember john suggesting to put some cotton wool in the high freq tube , anyone tried this, i might give it a go.

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #1,143 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
baby oil eh, i shall try.

soundwise, its still the harsh highs, i remember john suggesting to put some cotton wool in the high freq tube , anyone tried this, i might give it a go.

Geez. If it comes to that, I'd go for a refund since you can get great sound to your tastes from other phones...sorry FMT.

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #1,144 of 3,902
Quote:

I like using pure virgin olive oil to lub the LW's because it is natural, works great.

Ha,Ha! the cotton might just be enough to attenuate the highs to the proper amount. I use tissue paper over the tweeters on some of my reference monitors in my recording studio to knock off some of the highs. It was almost mandatory with the Yamaha NS-10 monitors, so it might worth a try.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #1,146 of 3,902
Quote:

nooooo

i so wanted custom earphones
frown.gif

im still convinced that i just got dud drivers, but it might be something i just have to deal with
frown.gif

Man I know what you mean about custom earphones. If my LW's don't work out this time, I might give them back and spend a few more bucks and go with the custom UE5 pro. Just got to get something going on.
cool.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #1,147 of 3,902
Upon more usage, I am getting a much better seal in my left ear.

Still working on Mr Right.

In the meantime, emailed my audiologist, saying I'd like to come in and have her look at my ears and the fit and see what she has to say
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #1,149 of 3,902
Installing the customs has a steep learning curve. Once you figure it out piece of cake.

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:17 AM Post #1,151 of 3,902
the black epoxy mod for the connector looks really good.

FreQ is late on my kit, I can still go with the livewires. I want to but I dont at the same time. I feel torn. I want to give the FreQ's a chance too.

Update: I will give the Super FreQ's a chance and if they don't work out then i am getting the livewires.

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #1,152 of 3,902
FMT: Really sorry to hear of all the problems you're having, as i know how much you want these to work for you. One really stupid question though, have you tried the livewires out of different equipment? You never know, if you're always feeding them from the same source/amp, something might be messing with the signal in a bad way.

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #1,153 of 3,902
i called Earpiece technologies and the tax does apply to me, its like $20... pooop :frowning2:

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #1,155 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh come on....Thats not much Elluzion, im 15, and that is 2 weeks pocket money!

i know i know but I am trying to set a limit.

The Livewires will set me back $50.... or I get the Super Freq's.... soo soo tempting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back