Livewires - California Dreamin'
Mar 19, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #1,186 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No dont. Persevere. Gotta be the seal, get new impressions, for free with your audiologist.

Yes but then around the circle he goes again, get impressions, send them, wait for ever, get them back and.........who knows. Perhaps more frustration and angst.

Mar 19, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #1,187 of 3,902
I will just get new impressions from the audiologist. I will know if they look correct this time. I didn't know much about impressions when I was first getting them so.... Yeah i will stop by today and make sure that the impression is perfect before I leave that place
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:18 PM Post #1,188 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a spare set scheduled to be shipping to me Tuesday or Wednesday, so I've been staying in touch.
cool.gif

I'm waiting patiently for mine.
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #1,189 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sending them to EarPeace tomorrow with my Livewires order. Still undecided on color. I'll probably just do red/blue with black.

That's great! Congrats!

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #1,191 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'll have to watch the recorded show and see if I can see them. that is pretty awesome though.. livewires will get business from that haha.

I decided to go with Blue/Red with outer Black
biggrin.gif

Will send form out tommorow.

Pics of my impressions:

p1070306oh7.jpg

BLACK CIRCLE ^audiologist said that the one with the scrunches should be fine and that I shouldn't worry about it. He siad it happens because the silicon gets scrunched or somethin... I trust the audiologist so hopefully it will be ok... what do you guys think?

the audiologist said that if the company had any problems at all with the impression to just go back to him and get another set of free impressions. Hopefully this doesn't have to happen though. I emailed Livewires with a pic and I willl see what they say, because I was going to send these impressions tommorow......

Go get your impressions redone. Those impressions are really not acceptable, I would have said there and then.

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #1,192 of 3,902
Also....

Did your audiologist check your ears first? The left impression looks like it's covered with earwax.

Make sure your ears are clean, and the impressions are taken to the second bend. The canal section must be completely filled with silicone.

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #1,193 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both symptoms combined are a sure sign you don't have a seal.

That's what it sounds like to me.

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #1,194 of 3,902
Geez, those look like baby hands or something.

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #1,195 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go get your impressions redone. Those impressions are really not acceptable, I would have said there and then.

I agree. I have had impressions done a couple of times now, and these do "not" look right, specially in the all-important inner ear canal.

Will

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #1,196 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting patiently for mine.
wink.gif

Cool - lucky you!

Same or different color combo?

Will

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #1,197 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool - lucky you!

Same or different color combo?

Will

Black with blue shells.
cool.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #1,198 of 3,902
Hey guys, I emailed Earl Neal and he told me this:

Quote:

Michael,

Ultimately, the canal portion is the most important part of the impression
when we make your earpieces. Those may be usable, but I wouldn't truly know
until I have them in my hands.

Is there a chance to get a second impression for that ear? The other one
looks fine. If not, send them in and we will make an attempt, but it may
require a little cooperation on your part, as we may have to make some
alterations for fit if they are a little off at first.

If you can get a second one I would recommend it, but we will try it with
this one if you agree to cooperate a bit if need be.

Thanks for your interest in LiveWires.

I think i am going to stop by and get them both redone. I would rather be safe than sorry and I don't want the people making my livewires "guessing" how my ear canal goes you know....

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #1,199 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
studioace...so what did paula say about our beloved iems...?

Sorry filipelli, my internet went out last night and could not reply.

Paula made a comment about wearing IEM's that you need to get used to wearing them, so you know how to work with them in a performance. Paula was a little loopy because this one contestant was one of the few that were not wearing any IEM's. Too bad cause after the comment Ryan Seecrest was looking trying to find the IEM's(LiveWires) on him to show the TV audience what Paula was talking about. Yikes! that would have been a big plug for LiveWires on national TV if the guy had been wearing them. I sure John was sick after that happened.

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #1,200 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I emailed Earl Neal and he told me this:

I think i am going to stop by and get them both redone. I would rather be safe than sorry and I don't want the people making my livewires "guessing" how my ear canal goes you know....

Good move. No point getting custom IEM's if the impressions are not "right" to start with
wink.gif

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back