Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 25, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #931 of 3,902
hmm it doesn't hurt...but that the seal only affects the Sound Quality...because i can hear the difference between the Left and the Right Monitor...~ and how did u contact them? i thought they are off on sunday

Feb 25, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #932 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
, guys~ after a 2 - 3 days of testing and using my newly arrived LiveWires. I notice that there's a bad fit with my Right Ear Monitor, along with a bad connection with the connector *gold one* that you connect to ur monitor...there's no sound...if i "rotate" the cable to the certain spot...while i'm adjusting the memory cable....~
frown.gif

The bad fit is recognized as....visible part of the shell...after i properly insert it in my ear...because i see part of shell visible at the "canal" portion of the monitor .
Should i contact John or the support team? through phone?

Is the right connector fully connected? Pull it off and clip it on again making sure it's fully connected, with the red tagged cable going to your right earpiece.

A "bad fit" is where, for whatever reason, you're not getting a good seal.

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #933 of 3,902
I received my LIVEWIRES today and after getting a first impression I'm already satisfied. I really like the sound, what amazed me the most is the quantity of details. Listening for the first time I felt the wow-effect which I always hope for when I use some new equipment.
What relieved me the most is that it seems I have no fitting problems which I kind of expected after all the postings about that sort of things. The isolation is unbelievable, for my usage maybe even too much. Even with no music playing, I can't hear a thing if somebody is standing right in front of me, talking. In the library where I had my LIVEWIRES inserted for about three hours today, this was pretty nice but in normal life!? We'll see...
Right now I still have some problems to get the left one out of my ear, but I guess this is caused because I'm just not as good with my left hand, compared to my right hand.
Moreover I realized how often I jiggle with my ears which doesen't really degrade the seal but which causes a kind of strange sound like water in my ears.
So much for so far!

Feb 25, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #934 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by floschu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my LIVEWIRES today and after getting a first impression I'm already satisfied. I really like the sound, what amazed me the most is the quantity of details. Listening for the first time I felt the wow-effect which I always hope for when I use some new equipment.
What relieved me the most is that it seems I have no fitting problems which I kind of expected after all the postings about that sort of things. The isolation is unbelievable, for my usage maybe even too much. Even with no music playing, I can't hear a thing if somebody is standing right in front of me, talking. In the library where I had my LIVEWIRES inserted for about three hours today, this was pretty nice but in normal life!? We'll see...
Right now I still have some problems to get the left one out of my ear, but I guess this is caused because I'm just not as good with my left hand, compared to my right hand.
Moreover I realized how often I jiggle with my ears which doesen't really degrade the seal but which causes a kind of strange sound like water in my ears.
So much for so far!

Great news, floschu. I'm surprised by the level of isolation you're getting but all credit to you. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #935 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by floschu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So much for so far!

Great! Yes me too webbie!

Any chance of some pictures pleassssseeeeee?

Matt

Feb 26, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #936 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put in two of your fingers and bite them gently.

Let them (the audiologist) do his or her thing, bam done!

Oh yeah, to get the best results, seduce the audiologist, give him or her some wine and a box of chocolates, and yeah!

I was always taught to bite on a bullet...

....Oh wait, that is when someone has to suck the venom out after you sit on a poisonous snake...

Feb 26, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #937 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great news, floschu. I'm surprised by the level of isolation you're getting but all credit to you. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I get that same level of isolation - enough that I could go shooting with them in, and that requires like 25db of isolation.

Feb 26, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #939 of 3,902
I've just received my LiveWires yesterday.
IMO, its bass sounds like upgraded ER4.
In fact, LiveWires is just like a fuller ER4 to me.
With the same clarity mids & highs,
but fuller yet not overwhelming bass.
Bass quality is that same as ER4, which means they are clean bass, with full feeling.

My LiveWires' picture is here:

They actually fit me very well without pain or unease:

This is truly a great IEM.

But I still got some complain about them.
Not for the phone itself, but for the service.
They didn't reply most of my E-mail inquiry.
I had to make international phone call to check the status of my LiveWires. (Since I'm from Taiwan.)
Even the shipment's tracking number was told me by phone.
They should use a more efficient E-mail service system.
It's seemed that their email system sometimes banned email from some of incoming mails -_-.

Anyway, their service with phone call is good still. So I'm content with it at least.

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #940 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by killkli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass quality is that same as ER4, which means they are clean bass, with full feeling.

I had to make international phone call to check the status of my LiveWires. (Since I'm from Taiwan.)
It's seemed that their email system sometimes banned email from some of incoming mails -_-.

Anyway, their service with phone call is good still. So I'm content with it at least.

Congrats killkli and thanks for the clarifications comparing them to the ER4.

Note that you can leave feedback for the Livewires team at either http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f92/li...ight=livewires or http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f12/ve...ight=livewires.

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #941 of 3,902
Congrats Chunyu!

You have a pair like mine. Very nice.

Burn them in, the bass detail and depth will increase, according to the quality of your source and recorded material. Enjoy!
cool.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #942 of 3,902
Quote:

Wow! I love that blue. Is it like that in "real life" or more like kosmics pictures? Please reply quick Kosmic or yourself, as i wanna change my order if it is like that ^!

LOVE THE BLUE

Thanks In Advance!

Matt

Feb 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #943 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_0267.jpg

Cable over the ear with memory tubing, but my preference is....

IMG_0258.jpg

Quote:

They look totally different. Must be Kosmics flash?

I'm seriously gutted. Awaiting a reply from John about phone no. and serial no. swap, which i forgot to write on the form. And a few other questions.

Only sent them on Fri, so when i get a reply i should still have time to change my colours if it is like Killkli's.

Please respond guys!

Matt

Feb 26, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #945 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look totally different. Must be Kosmics flash?

I'm seriously gutted. Awaiting a reply from John about phone no. and serial no. swap, which i forgot to write on the form. And a few other questions.

Only sent them on Fri, so when i get a reply i should still have time to change my colours if it is like Killkli's.

Please respond guys!

Matt

Colourwise my Livewires are a close match to my ear photo. Killkli would need to say if his Livewires colour is a match to his photo or mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back